Bats Lead RedHawks to 12-4 Win
The Oklahoma City RedHawks marched 12 batters to the plate totaling seven runs in the third inning leading to a 12-4 victory over the Memphis Redbirds on Monday evening AT&T Bricktown Ballpark.
In a 3-1 contest in the bottom half of the third inning Oklahoma City broke things wide open totaling six hits and seven runs on Redbirds reliever Trey Hearne. The RedHawks added single runs in the fifth and seventh inning.
Winning pitcher Guillermo Moscoso (1-1) retired ten consecutive Redbirds before he was removed after working six innings. Moscoso scattered six hits and just two earned runs, striking out five. Losing pitcher was Memphis starter Adam Ottavino (1-2) who went two innings allowing two earned runs.
Brandon Boggs and Gregorio Petit clubbed their first homers of the year. Petit also contribute three RBIs.
Chad Tracy lengthened his hit streak to eight games with a couple of singles. Jarrod Saltalamacchia led all hitters connecting on two doubles and a single.
Oklahoma City and Memphis will conclude their four-game set Tuesday at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark. Michael Ballard and Brandon Dickson are slated to pitch for the RedHawks and Redbirds respectively with a first pitch scheduled for 11:05 am.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 27, 2010
- Rainiers Rained Out Again - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Use Long Ball To Defeat Sky Sox, 10-3 - Reno Aces
- Hacker, Grizzlies Hold Off Beavers, Rain - Portland Beavers
- Round Rock Express Swept In Doubleheader At Iowa - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Rally for Pair of Wins - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Avoid Sweep with 9-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Complete Sweep, Downing Z's 12-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Steal 3-2 10-Inning Win Over Omaha - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Score 12 For Series Sweep - Nashville Sounds
- A Giant Night, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- FLIR Announces Partnership with Portland Beavers and Portland Timbers - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bats Lead RedHawks to 12-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- RedHawks' Arms Blank Memphis - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.