A Giant Night, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Homestand
FRESNO, CA - The first-place Fresno Grizzlies will host the archrival Sacramento River Cats as the teams kick off the 2010 edition of the Highway 99 Showdown Series with a four-game homestand starting Thursday, April 29th at Chukchansi Park. The annual matchup between the Oakland Athletics' and San Francisco Giants' affiliates will feature four of the top 40 rated prospects in baseball.
The Grizzlies return home for Thirsty Thursday, April 29th, presented by Tecate. Enjoy $1 12-ounce Tecate and Tecate Light beers through the fifth inning, and $1 12-ounce sodas all night long.
Friday, April 30th will be A Giant Night, in which the Grizzlies will wear special orange Giants theme jerseys in celebration of the team's affiliation with the parent club in San Francisco. The jerseys will be auctioned off after the game, with proceeds benefitting the Kremen School of Education at Fresno State. Last year the Grizzlies and the Kremen School combined to raise over $20,000 through a ticket fundraiser and the jersey auction. There will also be traditional postgame Friday Night Fireworks.
The Grizzlies kick off May in style with a special Drag Kings T-Shirt Giveaway, presented by Ironworkers Local 155, to the first 2,500 fans through the gates on May 1st. The shirt will feature an animated depiction of Minor League Baseball's most beloved dancing grounds crew. Naturally, the Drag Kings themselves will perform during the game and sign autographs on the concourse.
On Sunday, May 2nd the Grizzlies close out the quick, four-game set with Parker's Birthday Celebration, as costumed characters from around the region will come to Chukchansi Park to help the best mascot in Minor League Baseball blow out the candles. It will also be a Save Mart Sunday, including a pregame Future Giants Autograph Session and Kids Run the Bases postgame, thanks to Subway. Finally, the Grizzlies will host Cops for Kids, a program in conjunction with the Fresno Sheriff, Madera Sheriff and California Highway Patrol that raises awareness for children with special needs.
The Grizzlies return home to kick off the Highway 99 Showdown Series Thursday, April 29th at 7:05pm. Fans can purchase tickets for any game in the 2010 season at the Chukchansi Park Box Office, online at www.fresnogrizzlies.com, or over the phone at 559.320.TIXS.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 27, 2010
- Rainiers Rained Out Again - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Use Long Ball To Defeat Sky Sox, 10-3 - Reno Aces
- Hacker, Grizzlies Hold Off Beavers, Rain - Portland Beavers
- Round Rock Express Swept In Doubleheader At Iowa - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Rally for Pair of Wins - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Avoid Sweep with 9-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Complete Sweep, Downing Z's 12-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Steal 3-2 10-Inning Win Over Omaha - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Score 12 For Series Sweep - Nashville Sounds
- A Giant Night, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- FLIR Announces Partnership with Portland Beavers and Portland Timbers - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bats Lead RedHawks to 12-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- RedHawks' Arms Blank Memphis - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno Grizzlies Season Update
- Fresno Grizzlies Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Fowler Packing (Peelz), Save Mart, ABC 30, Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, and Grizzlies Join Forces to Surprise Senior Shoppers with Free Groceries
- Grizzlies Unveil 2020 Daily Specials
- Chukchansi Park Job Fair Set for Saturday, March 7th