RedHawks' Correll Prime Named AA Pointstreak Player of the Month for August
FARGO, N.D. - The American Association of Independent Professional Baseball and Pointstreak announced RedHawks first baseman Correlle Prime as the AA Player of the Month, for the month of August.
The Bradenton, FL native played in all 30 games in August with a .325 average, 41 hits, 25 runs and six home runs, with 29 RBIs.
"Correlle has been a huge RBI guy for us all year. Great teammate, big bat and brings his best every single day. He's makes things nice for me that I've been able to put his name on the lineup card every day. Congrats to Correlle for getting player of the month. Well deserved!" said RedHawks manager Jim Bennett.
Drafted in the 12th round by the Colorado Rockies in the 2012 MLB June Amateur Draft, Prime has played in the Rockies and Rangers farm systems. He was signed by the Texas AirHogs in 2018 and appeared in 79 games with a .279 average. Prime was signed by the RedHawks on May 21, 2019 after spending spring training with the Winnipeg Goldeyes. Correlle was named to the American Association All-Star roster in 2019, playing for the AA North team.
The F-M RedHawks continue the final regular season series with Cleburne as they get ready for the 2019 American Association Playoffs, which begin next Wednesday (September 4th), with locations and time to be determined.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 1, 2019
- Saints Figure out Impact Field Puzzle, Win 4-2, Can Clinch North Division with Win in Final Game on Monday - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Fall To Saints On Barnum's Historic Night - Chicago Dogs
- 'Dogs Late Rally Not Enough in Gary - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lubking, De Jesus Lead 'Cats to 3-1 Victory over Saltdogs in Penultimate Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Chicago Dogs Slugger Keon Barnum Breaks League Home Run Record - Chicago Dogs
- Deja Vu All over Again as RedHawks Win 4-3 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Milkmen Tally One Run, Not Enough against AirHogs - Milwaukee Milkmen
- Canaries Edge Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Birds Snap Skid with Tight Win at Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Cleburne Drops One-Run Affair in Fargo - Cleburne Railroaders
- Snelten Garners Pitcher of the Month Honor - Chicago Dogs
- RedHawks' Correll Prime Named AA Pointstreak Player of the Month for August - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- T-Bones Walk It off to a First Place Standing - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Fall in Extra Inning Walk Off, Fall to Wild Card - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- RedHawks Win 4-3 in Game Two of NDCS; One Game Away from Series Win
- Jim Bennett Named 2019 American Association Manager of the Year
- RedHawks Take Game One of NDCS with 3-2 Victory over Saints
- RedHawks Yhoxian Medina Named 2019 American Association Defensive Player of the Year
- RedHawks to Start 2019 Aa Playoffs at Home against St. Paul Saints