Red Claws Win 5th Straight Game
Newark, DE - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, continue their hot-shooting, beating Delaware 127-109 Friday and extending the team's winning streak to five games. Now in first place in the Atlantic Division, the Red Claws have won 6 of their last 7 games.
Coty Clarke led Maine with 32 points and 16 rebounds, both career highs. Malcolm Miller added 28 points on 8-11 shooting (4-6 from three-point range), and Omari Johnson added 21 points and 7 rebounds. Levi Randolph scored 15 points to lead the bench scoring, while Corey Walden contributed 12 points and 6 assists.
The Red Claws (19-13) started uncharacteristically slow in the first quarter. Sean Kilpatrick's layup gave the Sevens an early 11-3 lead. Maine righted the ship; Miller drained a three to get the Claws going, and Clarke took off. Starting at center, Clarke poured in 16 points in the first period. His three-point play and three pointer late lifted the Claws to a 39-36 lead after one.
In the second quarter, Miller and Johnson picked up where Clarke left off. Walden's three extended Maine's lead to double-digits. Coron Williams drained a couple of three's, and the Red Claws enjoyed a 69-56 halftime lead, despite Delaware's hot shooting.
The Red Claws did not let up in the second half. Miller and Clarke provided the punch early in the 3rd, but Delaware went on a run to cut the Claws' lead to three. The Red Claws finished out the quarter on an 8-0 run to surge back to a 99-88 advantage.
Maine cruised in the final quarter, extending to a 20-point lead. Clarke put back a layup late in the game to finish with 32 points, equaling the season high by a Red Claws player (Jordan Mickey, Dec. 6 vs. Erie). The Red Claws shot 51% (46-90) from the floor, and out-rebounded the Sevens 50-36. Maine has shot over 50% from the field in 3 of the last 4 games.
The Red Claws will battle Delaware again tomorrow night. The road trip continues Monday at Grand Rapids before the team returns home for three games starting on Thursday, Feb. 25. Tickets are on sale now by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2016
- McGruder, Skyforce Down BayHawks 105-91 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Jammed at Home - Texas Legends
- Blues Defensive Stand Fuels Comeback Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Devin Ebanks Scores 32 as Grand Rapids Holds off Idaho, 99-96 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Edged by Oklahoma City Blue 95-91 - Austin Spurs
- Jam Top Legends 119-106 - Bakersfield Jam
- Westchester Knicks Carry Momentum in Win over Iowa Energy - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Westchester Knicks - Iowa Wolves
- Green Rejoins the Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce Two Player Acquisitions - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Fourth-Round Pick in Three-Team Trade - Raptors 905
- Jam Acquire Joel Wright in Three-Team Deal - Bakersfield Jam
- Red Claws Win 5th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Rockets Assign Sam Dekker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pelicans Sign Bryce Dejean-Jones - Idaho Stampede
- Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Warriors Topped by Los Angeles - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Beat Warriors Behind Harper's Season-High - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.