Iowa Energy Fall to the Westchester Knicks
White Plains, NY - The Iowa Energy (14-18) fell 108-95 to the Westchester Knicks (19-15) Friday night at the Westchester County Center.
The Energy were led by Memphis Grizzlies draft rights player Andrew Harrison with 23 points, three rebounds and four assists. Patrick Christopher added 21 points and two rebounds. The Knicks were led by Thanasis Antetokounmpo with 29 points, five rebounds and one assist.
It was a fast and high-scoring start to the game for both the Energy and Knicks. Harrison and Whisnant carried the load for the Energy in the first combining for 18 points. The Energy shot 57.9 percent from the field in the quarter. Westchester held the lead heading into the second 30-27. Harrison added eight more points in the second quarter for 18 total first half points. The Knicks opened up a nine-point lead before the Energy closed the gap to four points at halftime as Westchester led 60-56.
The Energy briefly took a one-point lead early in the third quarter after quickly erasing the Knicks four-point halftime lead. The Knicks would regain the lead and open up an 18-point advantage behind 13 points from Antetokounmpo. The Iowa offense would stall as Westchester outscored the Energy 30-16 in the third to take a 90-72 lead. The Knicks would push the lead to 21 points in the fourth. The Energy were unable to put a run together to climb back into the game despite outscoring the Knicks 23-18 in the fourth. The Knicks would go on to win 108-95.
Iowa and Westchester play again Sunday afternoon for the final game of a three-game road trip. The Energy return home Tuesday, Feb. 23 against the Raptors 905 at 7 p.m.
2015-2016 single game tickets on sale now. Group tickets, flex packs and payment plans are available now. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2016
- McGruder, Skyforce Down BayHawks 105-91 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Jammed at Home - Texas Legends
- Blues Defensive Stand Fuels Comeback Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Devin Ebanks Scores 32 as Grand Rapids Holds off Idaho, 99-96 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Edged by Oklahoma City Blue 95-91 - Austin Spurs
- Jam Top Legends 119-106 - Bakersfield Jam
- Westchester Knicks Carry Momentum in Win over Iowa Energy - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Westchester Knicks - Iowa Wolves
- Green Rejoins the Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce Two Player Acquisitions - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Fourth-Round Pick in Three-Team Trade - Raptors 905
- Jam Acquire Joel Wright in Three-Team Deal - Bakersfield Jam
- Red Claws Win 5th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Rockets Assign Sam Dekker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pelicans Sign Bryce Dejean-Jones - Idaho Stampede
- Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Warriors Topped by Los Angeles - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Beat Warriors Behind Harper's Season-High - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.