Legends Jammed at Home
FRISCO, TX - Tu Holloway posted 23 points and a game-high 9 assists in the Legends first game back from the All-Star break, but the performance wasn't enough as the Bakersfield Jam took the first of the double-header 119-106.
The Legends started off hot going up 10-0 in the first two minutes and holding a 20-6 lead midway through the quarter. Bakersfield stayed cold from outside going 0-for-6 as the Legends shot 44% and held onto a 9-point advantage going into the second. Texas' Justin Martin sunk a long ball early in the second to bring back the double-digit lead, but the Jam responded with an 11-1 run to make it a one-point contest. With two minutes left in the half, the visitors took their first lead of the night and carried it into the locker room.
Xavier Munford set the tone for the second half early with a three-ball in the first possession. The visitors' lead grew to seven before the Legends found an answer and tied it up with four minutes on the clock. The lead changed four times in the final minutes, but Munford's 12-point performance would give Bakersfield the edge 90-86 heading into the fourth. The Jam maintained control in the final 12 minutes, increasing the lead to as much as 15. The Legends dominated the boards 50-38 but shot 44% to Bakersfield's 51% and gave up 15 turnovers to the Jam's 8 as the visitors sealed the victory.
Texas had six players in double-digits with Brandon Ashley (17 points, 12 rebounds) and Micheal Eric (16 points, 12 rebounds) each adding double-doubles. Holloway led the team in scoring and assists while Martin and Patrick Miller came off the bench for 14 points, 7 rebounds each.
Terrico White led the Jam with a game-high 27 points while Munford added 26. Cory Jefferson added a double-double for Bakersfield with 18 points, 14 rebounds.
The two teams will rematch Saturday night at 7pm at Dr Pepper Arena. The game will be broadcast live on Texas-47 as well as online through the NBA D-League's YouTube channel and www.kvgiradio.com. For more information on the team or the full season schedule call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2016
- McGruder, Skyforce Down BayHawks 105-91 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Jammed at Home - Texas Legends
- Blues Defensive Stand Fuels Comeback Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Devin Ebanks Scores 32 as Grand Rapids Holds off Idaho, 99-96 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Edged by Oklahoma City Blue 95-91 - Austin Spurs
- Jam Top Legends 119-106 - Bakersfield Jam
- Westchester Knicks Carry Momentum in Win over Iowa Energy - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Westchester Knicks - Iowa Wolves
- Green Rejoins the Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce Two Player Acquisitions - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Fourth-Round Pick in Three-Team Trade - Raptors 905
- Jam Acquire Joel Wright in Three-Team Deal - Bakersfield Jam
- Red Claws Win 5th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Rockets Assign Sam Dekker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pelicans Sign Bryce Dejean-Jones - Idaho Stampede
- Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Warriors Topped by Los Angeles - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Beat Warriors Behind Harper's Season-High - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.