D-Fenders Beat Warriors Behind Harper's Season-High
EL SEGUNDO - The D-Fenders beat the Santa Cruz Warriors 113-103 tonight in El Segundo, CA.
Justin Harpers scored a season-high 34 points (12/18 FG) and tallied 11 rebounds for the D-Fenders (18-16). Vander Blue scored 28 points, his 15th consecutive 20-point game, while Ryan Gomes also reached the 20-point mark with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Andre Ingram added 13 points off the bench, while Josh Magette dished out 10 assists for the 13th time this season.
Verdell Jones (27 points) and Darington Hobson (27 points, 15 rebounds) paced the Warriors (12-21). Aaron Craft (18 points) and Daniel Coursey (10 points) also reached double-digits for Santa Cruz.
The first quarter was neck-and-neck, with the D-Fenders leading 30-28 after one. Harper got started early, scoring 12 points in the quarter. Things slowed down a bit in the second quarter, with the D-Fenders outscoring the Warriors 24-21 to take a 54-49 lead into the halftime break. Harper had a game-high 17 points in the first half, connecting on 7-of-11 attempts.
Blue came out firing for the D-Fenders in the third quarter, scoring 15 points as Los Angeles outscored Santa Cruz 31-23. The D-Fenders led 85-72 heading into the final frame. Santa Cruz fought back in the fourth behind 11 points from Jones and 10 from Hobson, while Harper had 10 for Los Angeles. The Warriors outscored the D-Fenders 31-28 in the fourth quarter, but some key free throws and offensive rebounds gave Los Angeles the 113-103 victory.
The D-Fenders shot .415 from the field, compared to .402 for the Warriors. Los Angeles connected on 25-of-36 free throw attempts, while Santa Cruz tallied 17-of-26.
Los Angeles hosts the Reno Bighorns on Saturday at 6:30pm PT in El Segundo.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2016
- McGruder, Skyforce Down BayHawks 105-91 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Jammed at Home - Texas Legends
- Blues Defensive Stand Fuels Comeback Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Devin Ebanks Scores 32 as Grand Rapids Holds off Idaho, 99-96 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Edged by Oklahoma City Blue 95-91 - Austin Spurs
- Jam Top Legends 119-106 - Bakersfield Jam
- Westchester Knicks Carry Momentum in Win over Iowa Energy - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Westchester Knicks - Iowa Wolves
- Green Rejoins the Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce Two Player Acquisitions - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Fourth-Round Pick in Three-Team Trade - Raptors 905
- Jam Acquire Joel Wright in Three-Team Deal - Bakersfield Jam
- Red Claws Win 5th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Rockets Assign Sam Dekker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pelicans Sign Bryce Dejean-Jones - Idaho Stampede
- Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Warriors Topped by Los Angeles - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Beat Warriors Behind Harper's Season-High - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt