Jam Top Legends 119-106
FRISCO, TX - The Bakersfield Jam (15-20) defeated the Texas Legends (16-16) 119-106 Friday night at the Dr. Pepper Arena. Terrico White had a game-high 27 points, while Xavier Munford tallied 26 points on 8-of-11 shooting.
Bakersfield got off to a rough start to the game as they trailed 20-6 midway through the opening period. Askia Booker was a spark off the bench as he scored eight points in six minutes of action to help the Jam get within single digits after one quarter of play (32-23). Bakersfield would outscore Texas 37-23 in the second period and took a five point-lead at the half (60-55).
Both teams battled back-and-forth in the third quarter, keeping it a close game heading into the final frame. In the final period, the Jam stretched their lead to as big as 15 and outscored the Legends 29-20.
Xavier Silas had 20 points and three steals, while Booker finished with 19 points. Cory Jefferson notched in a double-double with 18 points and 14 rebounds.
The Legends were led by Tu Holloway (23 points, 9 assists) and Brandon Ashley (17 points, 12 rebounds). Michael Eric posted a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
Both teams face each other again tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. PT in Texas.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2016
- McGruder, Skyforce Down BayHawks 105-91 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Jammed at Home - Texas Legends
- Blues Defensive Stand Fuels Comeback Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Devin Ebanks Scores 32 as Grand Rapids Holds off Idaho, 99-96 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Edged by Oklahoma City Blue 95-91 - Austin Spurs
- Jam Top Legends 119-106 - Bakersfield Jam
- Westchester Knicks Carry Momentum in Win over Iowa Energy - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Westchester Knicks - Iowa Wolves
- Green Rejoins the Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce Two Player Acquisitions - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Fourth-Round Pick in Three-Team Trade - Raptors 905
- Jam Acquire Joel Wright in Three-Team Deal - Bakersfield Jam
- Red Claws Win 5th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Rockets Assign Sam Dekker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pelicans Sign Bryce Dejean-Jones - Idaho Stampede
- Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Warriors Topped by Los Angeles - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Beat Warriors Behind Harper's Season-High - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.