Iowa Energy Announce Two Player Acquisitions
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Energy announced today the team has acquired the returning player rights to Ty Walker from the Raptors 905 in a three-team trade. In exchange, the Energy will trade Joel Wright to the Bakersfield Jam while the Jam trade their original 2016 fourth round pick to the Raptors 905 to complete the trade. In addition, the Energy announced the team has re-acquired and activated Pierre Henderson-Niles.
Walker (7-0, 230) has spent the 2015-16 season in the Polish Basketball League with the AZS Koszalin. He most recently played in the NBA D-League during the 2014-15 season with the Reno Bighorns. With the Bighorns, Walker averaged 2.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 15 games (four starts).
Henderson-Niles (6-8, 250) averaged 4.2 points, 3.3 rebounds and 13.2 minutes in 36 games (six starts) for the Energy last season. The former University of Memphis Tiger averaged 2.4 points, 3.0 rebounds and 10.4 minutes in 109 games (23 starts) over four collegiate seasons.
The Energy continue on a three game road trip in Westchester tonight and Sunday afternoon before returning home Tuesday, Feb. 23 against the Raptors 905 at 7 p.m.
Iowa Energy 2015-2016 single game tickets are now on sale starting at just $8. Group tickets, Flex Packs and payment plans are available now. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2016
- McGruder, Skyforce Down BayHawks 105-91 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Jammed at Home - Texas Legends
- Blues Defensive Stand Fuels Comeback Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Devin Ebanks Scores 32 as Grand Rapids Holds off Idaho, 99-96 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Edged by Oklahoma City Blue 95-91 - Austin Spurs
- Jam Top Legends 119-106 - Bakersfield Jam
- Westchester Knicks Carry Momentum in Win over Iowa Energy - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Westchester Knicks - Iowa Wolves
- Green Rejoins the Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce Two Player Acquisitions - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Acquires Fourth-Round Pick in Three-Team Trade - Raptors 905
- Jam Acquire Joel Wright in Three-Team Deal - Bakersfield Jam
- Red Claws Win 5th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Rockets Assign Sam Dekker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pelicans Sign Bryce Dejean-Jones - Idaho Stampede
- Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Warriors Topped by Los Angeles - Santa Cruz Warriors
- D-Fenders Beat Warriors Behind Harper's Season-High - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.