Red Claws Lose First Game of Season
SIOUX FALLS, SD - November 28, 2014 - The Maine Red Claws had a chance to win the game, but Christian Watford's three pointer fell short, as Maine dropped its first game of the season, 99-98 at Sioux Falls.
The Skyforce (2-1) erased a late 7-point deficit to tie the game and eventually take the lead. Watford hit a contested lay-up to give Maine a 98-97 lead with :07.2 left. Khem Birch put in an offensive rebound which would prove to be the game-winner.
Chris Babb finished with a season high 25 points including 7 three pointers. Tim Frazier scored 17 points and added a season high 12 assists. Watford added 16 points and 11 boards.
The Red Claws will look to bounce back from their first loss of the season at Canton Sunday evening. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 28, 2014
- Bighorns Fall to Idaho 144-134 - Reno Bighorns
- Joel Wright Scores 41 Points in Stampede Victory - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Slam Jam - Texas Legends
- Jam Lose to Legends 105-94 - Bakersfield Jam
- OKC's Balanced Scoring Leads to 121-109 Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Birch Put-Back with 1.2 Seconds Left Hands Maine Their First Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Lose First Game of Season - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Outlast BayHawks for First Home Win - Canton Charge
- Stampede Activates Reggie Hearn; Waives Kodi Augustus - Idaho Stampede
- Pistons Recall Forward Tony Mitchell from Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns - G League
- Hawks Assign Payne, Jenkins to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Jenkins and Payne to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.