Legends Slam Jam
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (4-1) hosted the Phoenix Suns affiliate, the Bakersfield Jam (3-3), in their third home game of the season. The two teams met in the season opener where the Legends overcame a 20-point deficit to hand the Jam their first loss. The Legends followed that blueprint, implementing halftime adjustments that ended in a 105-94 victory at home.
The Legends got off to a cold start in the first quarter, missing every shot from outside and going down by as many as 11. Eric Griffin and Justin Jackson knocked down 3 blocks each and Booker Woodfox put up a 10-point performance in the first half, but the team was fighting a disadvantage heading into the locker room.
Halftime adjustments proved to be beneficial for the Legends and the battle for control began. A spark from outside helped the Legends lift off in the second half, rising from 23% to 50% from long-range. Doron Lamb, Ricky Ledo and Renaldo Balkman each hit double-digits and Griffin refused another 5 shots from the Jam to outscore Bakersfield 57-42 and swipe a victory.
Griffin blocked a franchise-high 8 shots while adding 14 points and grabbing 7 boards. Lamb led the Legends in scoring with 20 points, 6 rebounds and 4 asssists, while Balkman came off the bench to tally the Legends' only double-double of 17 points, 12 rebounds.
Earl Barron led all scorers with 24 and 12 rebounds off the bench for the Jam.
The two teams will meet again tomorrow night at 7pm at Dr Pepper Arena. The game will be broadcast live on television-KTXD 47-and radio-KVCE 1160am. For more information on the team or the full season schedule call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 28, 2014
- Bighorns Fall to Idaho 144-134 - Reno Bighorns
- Joel Wright Scores 41 Points in Stampede Victory - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Slam Jam - Texas Legends
- Jam Lose to Legends 105-94 - Bakersfield Jam
- OKC's Balanced Scoring Leads to 121-109 Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Birch Put-Back with 1.2 Seconds Left Hands Maine Their First Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Lose First Game of Season - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Outlast BayHawks for First Home Win - Canton Charge
- Stampede Activates Reggie Hearn; Waives Kodi Augustus - Idaho Stampede
- Pistons Recall Forward Tony Mitchell from Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns - G League
- Hawks Assign Payne, Jenkins to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Jenkins and Payne to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.