Pistons Recall Forward Tony Mitchell from Drive
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - The Detroit Pistons announced today that the team has recalled forward Tony Mitchell from the team's NBA Development League (D-League) affiliate, the Grand Rapids Drive, after a one-game assignment.
Mitchell recorded 12 points (5-9 FG), 12 rebounds and one steal in 30 minutes vs. the Los Angeles D-Fenders (11/26). Drafted 37th overall in the 2013 NBA Draft, he appeared in 21 games for the Pistons last season averaging 1.0 points and 1.2 rebounds per game. Mitchell also had two D-League assignments last season with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants and averaged 7.6 points, 7.7 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 10 games.
For in-depth analysis by website editor Keith Langlois and special inside-access videos, visit www.pistons.com, the official source for news and features on the Detroit Pistons.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 28, 2014
- Bighorns Fall to Idaho 144-134 - Reno Bighorns
- Joel Wright Scores 41 Points in Stampede Victory - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Slam Jam - Texas Legends
- Jam Lose to Legends 105-94 - Bakersfield Jam
- OKC's Balanced Scoring Leads to 121-109 Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Birch Put-Back with 1.2 Seconds Left Hands Maine Their First Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Lose First Game of Season - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Outlast BayHawks for First Home Win - Canton Charge
- Stampede Activates Reggie Hearn; Waives Kodi Augustus - Idaho Stampede
- Pistons Recall Forward Tony Mitchell from Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns - G League
- Hawks Assign Payne, Jenkins to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Jenkins and Payne to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.