Birch Put-Back with 1.2 Seconds Left Hands Maine Their First Loss
Sioux Falls, SD (Nov. 28, 2014) - Khem Birch's put-back with 1.2 seconds left saw the Sioux Falls Skyforce beat the Maine Red Claws 99-98, the Red Claws first defeat of the season.
14 first quarter points from A.J. Davis (4-6 from three-point range) saw the Skyforce (2-1) take a 28-25 lead into the second quarter. The Red Claws (4-1) started the second quarter with a 14-7 run and took a 39-35 lead with 7:56 remaining until halftime. The Skyforce outscored Maine 19-8 the rest of the quarter and took a 54-47 lead into the half. The Red Claws outscored the Skyforce 25-11 in the third quarter and led 72-65 going into the final quarter. A back-and-forth fourth quarter had three lead changes in the final ten seconds, the last on a Khem Birch put-back which gave the Skyforce a 99-98 victory.
A.J. Davis had a game high 26 points, on 6 of 11 shooting from three-point range, for Sioux Falls. Larry Drew II recorded 11 assists for the second straight game and Khem Birch recorded his second straight double-double (11 points, 13 rebounds).
Chris Babb led Maine with 25 points, 21 of which came from three-point range. Tim Frazier, one rebound shy of a triple-double, tallied 17 points, a game high 12 assists and nine rebounds.
The Skyforce are back in action at the Sanford Pentagon tomorrow night as they take on the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (1-4) at 7:00 p.m. Maine will now travel to Canton where they will take on the Charge (2-3) this Sunday.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 28, 2014
- Bighorns Fall to Idaho 144-134 - Reno Bighorns
- Joel Wright Scores 41 Points in Stampede Victory - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Slam Jam - Texas Legends
- Jam Lose to Legends 105-94 - Bakersfield Jam
- OKC's Balanced Scoring Leads to 121-109 Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Birch Put-Back with 1.2 Seconds Left Hands Maine Their First Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Lose First Game of Season - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Outlast BayHawks for First Home Win - Canton Charge
- Stampede Activates Reggie Hearn; Waives Kodi Augustus - Idaho Stampede
- Pistons Recall Forward Tony Mitchell from Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns - G League
- Hawks Assign Payne, Jenkins to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Jenkins and Payne to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.