Birch Put-Back with 1.2 Seconds Left Hands Maine Their First Loss
Sioux Falls, SD (Nov. 28, 2014) - Khem Birch's put-back with 1.2 seconds left saw the Sioux Falls Skyforce beat the Maine Red Claws 99-98, the Red Claws first defeat of the season.
14 first quarter points from A.J. Davis (4-6 from three-point range) saw the Skyforce (2-1) take a 28-25 lead into the second quarter. The Red Claws (4-1) started the second quarter with a 14-7 run and took a 39-35 lead with 7:56 remaining until halftime. The Skyforce outscored Maine 19-8 the rest of the quarter and took a 54-47 lead into the half. The Red Claws outscored the Skyforce 25-11 in the third quarter and led 72-65 going into the final quarter. A back-and-forth fourth quarter had three lead changes in the final ten seconds, the last on a Khem Birch put-back which gave the Skyforce a 99-98 victory.
A.J. Davis had a game high 26 points, on 6 of 11 shooting from three-point range, for Sioux Falls. Larry Drew II recorded 11 assists for the second straight game and Khem Birch recorded his second straight double-double (11 points, 13 rebounds).
Chris Babb led Maine with 25 points, 21 of which came from three-point range. Tim Frazier, one rebound shy of a triple-double, tallied 17 points, a game high 12 assists and nine rebounds.
The Skyforce are back in action at the Sanford Pentagon tomorrow night as they take on the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (1-4) at 7:00 p.m. Maine will now travel to Canton where they will take on the Charge (2-3) this Sunday.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 28, 2014
- Bighorns Fall to Idaho 144-134 - Reno Bighorns
- Joel Wright Scores 41 Points in Stampede Victory - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Slam Jam - Texas Legends
- Jam Lose to Legends 105-94 - Bakersfield Jam
- OKC's Balanced Scoring Leads to 121-109 Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Birch Put-Back with 1.2 Seconds Left Hands Maine Their First Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Lose First Game of Season - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Outlast BayHawks for First Home Win - Canton Charge
- Stampede Activates Reggie Hearn; Waives Kodi Augustus - Idaho Stampede
- Pistons Recall Forward Tony Mitchell from Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns - G League
- Hawks Assign Payne, Jenkins to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Jenkins and Payne to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente