Jam Lose to Legends 105-94
BAKERSFIELD, CALIF., November 28, 2014 - The Bakersfield Jam (3-3) started their three-game road trip on Friday night with a loss to the Texas Legends (4-1) by a final score of 105-94.
The Jam started the game on an 8-0 run and held a lead as big as 11 points in the first quarter. Up 25-18 entering the second quarter, Bakersfield was able to maintain a lead for most of the quarter and went into the half with a 52-48 advantage.
The start of the second half was a rough one for the Jam, as they struggled on both ends of the floor resulting in a big turning point of the game. In the third quarter, Bakersfield shot just 28 percent from the field, compared to Texas' 52.4 percent, and got outscored 28-17. After trailing by as many as 11 points in the fourth, Bakersfield fought back and held a slight lead (83-82) at the 8:04 mark. That lead would not be held for long, as the Jam struggled down the stretch and Texas pulled away with the victory late in the game.
Earl Barron (24 points, 12 rebounds) and Mac Koshwal (12 points, 10 rebounds) each posted a double-double for Bakersfield. Chris Wright finished the night with 16 points, five assists, five rebounds and three steals in a season-high 39 minutes of action. Elijah Millsap contributed 14 points, eight rebounds and four assists.
Texas had seven players score in double-figures, led by Doron Lamb who posted 20 points and six rebounds. Renaldo Balkman recorded a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds, while Dallas Mavericks assignee Ricky Ledo tallied 13 points, six rebounds and six assists.
Both teams face each other again tomorrow Saturday, November 29 at 5:00 p.m. PT in Texas. Fans can watch the game live on NBADLeague.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 28, 2014
- Bighorns Fall to Idaho 144-134 - Reno Bighorns
- Joel Wright Scores 41 Points in Stampede Victory - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Slam Jam - Texas Legends
- Jam Lose to Legends 105-94 - Bakersfield Jam
- OKC's Balanced Scoring Leads to 121-109 Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Birch Put-Back with 1.2 Seconds Left Hands Maine Their First Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Lose First Game of Season - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Outlast BayHawks for First Home Win - Canton Charge
- Stampede Activates Reggie Hearn; Waives Kodi Augustus - Idaho Stampede
- Pistons Recall Forward Tony Mitchell from Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns - G League
- Hawks Assign Payne, Jenkins to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Jenkins and Payne to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.