Joel Wright Scores 41 Points in Stampede Victory
BOISE, Idaho - Stampede forward Joel Wright shot 100 percent from the floor (19-19) on his way to 41 points in Idaho's 144-134 victory over the Reno Bighorns. Wright's 19 field goals are the most without a miss in Stampede history.
Idaho survived Reno's high-tempo offense after falling behind by 20 points in the first half. The Bighorns made seven 3-pointers and forced eight Stampede turnovers in the first quarter. The Stampede cut the deficit to one point by halftime by shooting 61 percent in the second frame.
The Stampede took advantage of the Reno's full court press and scored 98 of the team's 144 points in the paint. Wright (41 points) also pulled down nine rebounds. Stampede forward Jerrelle Benimon continued his on-court success with 20 points, 17 rebounds and 12 assists. Utah Jazz guard Toure' Murry recorded 14 points, nine assists and six rebounds while on assignment.
The Bighorns shot 48 percent (19-39) as a team from beyond the arc. Brady Heslip led Reno with 28 points off the bench, hitting seven 3-pointers. David Stockton posted a double-double of 16 points and 14 assists as the Bighorns forced 25 Stampede turnovers. Eric Moreland, on assignment from the Sacramento Kings, pitched in with 18 points and 15 rebounds.
Idaho (3-2) will host Reno (1-3) again tomorrow at 3 p.m. at CenturyLink Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 28, 2014
- Bighorns Fall to Idaho 144-134 - Reno Bighorns
- Joel Wright Scores 41 Points in Stampede Victory - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Slam Jam - Texas Legends
- Jam Lose to Legends 105-94 - Bakersfield Jam
- OKC's Balanced Scoring Leads to 121-109 Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Birch Put-Back with 1.2 Seconds Left Hands Maine Their First Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Lose First Game of Season - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Outlast BayHawks for First Home Win - Canton Charge
- Stampede Activates Reggie Hearn; Waives Kodi Augustus - Idaho Stampede
- Pistons Recall Forward Tony Mitchell from Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Kings Reassign Eric Moreland to NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns - G League
- Hawks Assign Payne, Jenkins to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Atlanta Hawks Assign Jenkins and Payne to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.