Red Claws Announce Roster Changes
PORTLAND - March 4, 2015 - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, announce two roster changes to the team.
First, the Red Claws have completed a trade with the Reno Bighorns. Maine will send Christian Watford to Reno in exchange for the returning player rights to DeQuan Jones. The deal is pending physicals. Jones is currently playing overseas in Italy.
Additionally, Maine has acquired Davion Berry from the available player pool. Berry will take Watford's spot on the Red Claws' current roster.
Berry, a guard, was playing overseas in Italy. In 19 games with Manital Torino, Berry averaged 9.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. He played collegiately at Weber State.
Watford played 27 games with the Red Claws, starting 26. He averaged 12.0 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game.
The Red Claws return to action tomorrow night vs. Austin. Tip-off at the Expo is set for 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2015
- McNeal Scores 24 to Pace Jam Past Blue - Bakersfield Jam
- Fourth-Quarter Comeback Propels Energy over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Russ Smith Leads the Energy to Victory over the Drive - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Host Austin Tomorrow Night on "Military Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns Trade for Christian Watford - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Announce Roster Changes - Maine Red Claws
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to NBA D-League's Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- McDonald's Players of the Month Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Reacquire Jorge Gutierrez - Canton Charge
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - G League
- Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.