McDonald's Players of the Month Named
FORT WAYNE, IN (March 4th, 2015) - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants and McDonald's have partnered to recognize two outstanding high school basketball players in the Fort Wayne community. In February, McDonald's and the Mad Ants selected Kyle Mallers and Darby Maggard as the McDonald's High School Players of the Month. Both players will be recognized at an upcoming Mad Ants home game.
Kyle Mallers, a junior forward out of Carroll High School, averaged 11.8 points in the month of February. Mallers's performance was highlighted with his 19 points in the Chargers win over Fort Wayne Snider back in mid-February. He also recorded 17 points as Carroll went on to defeat Columbia City. Fort Wayne Carroll, currently at 21-3, will compete in the Fort Wayne Northrop Sectional where they are slated to play the winner between the Northside Redskins and the DeKalb Barons.
Darby Maggard, a senior at Canterbury High School, has been a strong leader for her team this season as they continue their state title run down in Indianapolis this Saturday, March 7th. Along with averaging 20.5 points in February and registering several double figure stats; Maggard recently signed her letter of intent to continue her basketball career at Belmont University next year. In her top performances of the month, Maggard led her team with 28 points in their win over Churubusco High School early in February. In regional play, she recorded 27 points in the win over North Judson-San Pierre, which matched her 27 points against Eastside earlier. The 23-2 Cavaliers will take on the 27-2 Heritage Christian Eagles in the 2A state finals Saturday afternoon.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2015
- McNeal Scores 24 to Pace Jam Past Blue - Bakersfield Jam
- Fourth-Quarter Comeback Propels Energy over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Russ Smith Leads the Energy to Victory over the Drive - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Host Austin Tomorrow Night on "Military Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns Trade for Christian Watford - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Announce Roster Changes - Maine Red Claws
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to NBA D-League's Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- McDonald's Players of the Month Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Reacquire Jorge Gutierrez - Canton Charge
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - G League
- Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Announce Priority Dates for 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule, Mini Plan Available for $75
- NBA G League International Challenge Presented by Antel Heads to Uruguay for the First Time
- Mad Ants Partner with Renaissance Pointe YMCA, in Conjunction with Fort Wayne UNITED, for Summer Celebration 2019
- Indiana Fever Announce 20 Towns for 20 Seasons Tour
- Drive Hold off Mad Ants in Regular Season Finale