Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks
OKLAHOMA CITY, March 4, 2015 - The Oklahoma City Blue has acquired NBA-veteran guard Dwight Buycks off of waivers, the team announced today.
Buycks (6-3, 190) previously played for the Blue franchise in 2011-12, averaging 15.1 points, 2.7 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.3 steals and 26.8 minutes in 28 games (two starts) and was named to the 2012 NBA D-League All-Rookie First Team. The Marquette product saw action in 14 games with the Toronto Raptors in the 2013-14 season, averaging 3.1 points and 1.6 rebounds in 10.4 minutes.
Buycks comes to the Blue after spending the 2014-15 season with the Tianjin Ronggang Gold Lions of the Chinese Basketball Association, averaging 26.1 points, 5.3 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 2.1 steals and 36.0 minutes in 18 games (17 starts).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2015
- McNeal Scores 24 to Pace Jam Past Blue - Bakersfield Jam
- Fourth-Quarter Comeback Propels Energy over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Russ Smith Leads the Energy to Victory over the Drive - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Host Austin Tomorrow Night on "Military Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns Trade for Christian Watford - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Announce Roster Changes - Maine Red Claws
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to NBA D-League's Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- McDonald's Players of the Month Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Reacquire Jorge Gutierrez - Canton Charge
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - G League
- Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Blue Stories
- Oklahoma City Announces Coaching Staff Updates
- Oklahoma City Acquires Returning Player Rights to Beau Beech and First-Round Draft Pick
- Thunder Signs Devon Hall to Two-Way Contract
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter