McNeal Scores 24 to Pace Jam Past Blue
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA, March 4, 2015 - The Bakersfield Jam surged in the fourth quarter to knock off the Oklahoma City Blue 97-93 Wednesday night at the Cox Convention Center. Jerel McNeal led the way with a game-high 24 points to go along with six assists.
Bakersfield raced out to a 9-0 lead to start the game, thanks in part to great ball movement. The lead would disappear later in the quarter as the Jam got cold from the field and ended the opening frame trailing 26-23. Both teams shot below 27 percent in the second quarter and struggled to get anything going offensively.
The second half went back-and-forth as there were a total of nine ties and eight lead changes. With a 40-38 lead entering the third, the Jam got outscored 33-23 and went into the final frame down 71-63. In the fourth period, Bakersfield erased an eight-point deficit and outscored Oklahoma City 34-22 to earn a road victory. McNeal scored 12 of his 24 points in the fourth.
Joe Jackson tallied 19 points while Renaldo Major contributed 15 points and six rebounds off the bench for the Jam. Mac Koshwal recorded a double-double with 13 points and 14 rebounds. Casey Prather also finished in double-figures with 13 points.
The Blue were led by Talib Zanna (23 points, 14 rebounds) and Frank Gaines (23 points). Semaj Christon added 15 points.
The Jam will next travel to Austin for a match against the Spurs on Saturday, March 7 at 5:30 PM PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2015
- McNeal Scores 24 to Pace Jam Past Blue - Bakersfield Jam
- Fourth-Quarter Comeback Propels Energy over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Russ Smith Leads the Energy to Victory over the Drive - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Host Austin Tomorrow Night on "Military Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns Trade for Christian Watford - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Announce Roster Changes - Maine Red Claws
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to NBA D-League's Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- McDonald's Players of the Month Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Reacquire Jorge Gutierrez - Canton Charge
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - G League
- Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.