Fourth-Quarter Comeback Propels Energy over Drive
Grand Rapids, Mich.- Mar. 4 - The Iowa Energy (19-17) won their third in a row Wednesday night, defeating the Grand Rapids Drive (17-19) on the road in an exciting contest by a score of 120-118.
It was a high-scoring game, as the two teams combined for 79 points in the first quarter. The Drive headed to halftime with a 69-61 lead.
Iowa fought back with a big rally early in the fourth and tied the game with just under ten minutes to go, eventually taking the lead.
The Drive tied the game back up with forty seconds to go, but Kalin Lucas scored the go-ahead basket, the Drive missed a three, and that sealed it.
These two teams completed a blockbuster trade less than a week ago when the Energy traded Diante Garrett to the Drive for Willie Reed. Both players were big factors in this game, as Reed posted 10 points and 12 rebounds against his former team and Garrett led the Drive with 34 points.
Russ Smith was a beast for Iowa, scoring 38 points and draining six three-pointers. Kalin Lucas added 27 and Jarnell Stokes had 20 points and 17 rebounds.
Alongside Garrett's contributions, Manny Atkins scored 29 points and Adonis Thomas had 17.
The Drive's next two games are a back-to-back on the road against Sioux Falls on March 6 and 7. The Energy next host Reno on Sunday, March 8.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2015
- McNeal Scores 24 to Pace Jam Past Blue - Bakersfield Jam
- Fourth-Quarter Comeback Propels Energy over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Russ Smith Leads the Energy to Victory over the Drive - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Host Austin Tomorrow Night on "Military Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns Trade for Christian Watford - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Announce Roster Changes - Maine Red Claws
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to NBA D-League's Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- McDonald's Players of the Month Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Reacquire Jorge Gutierrez - Canton Charge
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - G League
- Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.