Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that the team has signed guard Elliot Williams to a 10-day contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Williams, 6-5,180 has most recently played for the Santa Cruz Warriors of the NBA Development League. Appearing in 25 games for Santa Cruz, Williams has averaged 21.8 points, 7.6 assists and 4.5 rebounds in 36.8 minutes per game while being named a NBA D-League All-Star. Previously this season, Williams has signed 10-day contracts with Utah and Charlotte. Williams appeared in five games for Utah, averaging 3.6 points in 8.4 minutes per contest.
Selected by Portland with the 22nd overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft out of Memphis, Williams has appeared in 96 career games with Portland and Philadelphia in addition to Utah, averaging 5.3 points and 1.6 rebounds in 14.0 minutes per game.
Williams will be available for tonight's game against Detroit at the Smoothie King Center. New Orleans' roster now stands at 14.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2015
- McNeal Scores 24 to Pace Jam Past Blue - Bakersfield Jam
- Fourth-Quarter Comeback Propels Energy over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Russ Smith Leads the Energy to Victory over the Drive - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Host Austin Tomorrow Night on "Military Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Bighorns Trade for Christian Watford - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Announce Roster Changes - Maine Red Claws
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to NBA D-League's Sioux Falls Skyforce - G League
- Heat Assign Zoran Dragic to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- McDonald's Players of the Month Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Reacquire Jorge Gutierrez - Canton Charge
- Pelicans Sign Elliot Williams from NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors - G League
- Blue Acquires Dwight Buycks - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Austin Spurs 119-102, Complete Texas Two-Step
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Guard Nick Zeisloft
- Santa Cruz Warriors Collect Franchise Record 20 Steals, Beat RGV 122-112
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win Home Opener 88-86 in Rematch with Stockton Kings
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Season Opener 122-97 against the Stockton Kings