RECAP - Stars Fall to the Lancers, 6-2
LINCOLN, Neb. - The Lincoln Stars (12-14-0-0) opened the season series with a 6-2 loss to the Omaha Lancers (17-8-2-0) on Friday night at the Ice Box.
The Stars jumped out early, 1-0, with momentum thanks to a tally from forward Philippe Lapointe at 6:34 on a rebound in front of the net. His goal extends his point streak to four games. The Lancers answered back with two goals in the first period from forwards Jack Randl at 9:07 then forward Ethan Price at 14:25 on a power play to vault Omaha ahead, 2-1.
The Lancers slotted one goal in the second period at 8:52 on a power play tally from forward Filip Suchy and started the third period with a goal from forward Christian O'Neill at 0:59 to take a 4-1 lead. The Stars pushed back with an answer of their own at 6:32 when Collin Peters shifted a shot from the right circle through the netminder, cutting the lead in half at 4-2. However, the Lancers finished with two more in the third from forward Mick Kohler at 12:26 and Suchy at 14:51 to settle the scoreline at 6-2.
Lancers goaltender Zach Driscoll (9-4-1) stopped 27 of 29 shots in the win, while Stars netminder Tomá=A1 Vomá=C4=8Dka (7-12-0) halted 25 of 31 shots in the loss. The Stars and Lancers return to action on Saturday, Jan. 13 at 7:05 p.m. from Ralston Arena. Coverage begins 13 minutes prior to faceoff on 93.7 The Ticket, HockeyTV and Lincoln Stars Radio.
The Stars return to the Ice Box on Tuesday, Jan. 16 at 7:05 p.m. to host the Des Moines Buccaneers.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2018
- McLAUGHLIN, SHORE TALLY HAT TRICKS AS STEEL OUTDUEL MUSKETEERS - Chicago Steel
- Recap: Hawks Take Tilt with Lancers - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Waterloo Tops Omaha, 5-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Add Swedish Centerman Jakob Ringsby to Roster - Tri-City Storm
- Prosvetov Stops 52; Phantoms Prevail 3-1 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Postgame Recap: Palmer Provides OT Winner - Waterloo Black Hawks
- 1-13-18 McKay Steels the Show - Madison Capitols
- Storm Fall in Overtime to Des Moines - Tri-City Storm
- Prosvetov Shines as Saints Stonewalled in Loss - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Top Stars in OT, 4-3 - Omaha Lancers
- Stampede Fall to Fargo for First Time this Season - Sioux Falls Stampede
- RECAP -- Stars Earn One Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Lincoln Stars
- Steel Fall 4-1 at Madison Saturday - Chicago Steel
- Preview: Storm Seek Weekend Sweep of Des Moines - Tri-City Storm
- Abruzzese Lifts Steel Past Roughriders in Overtime - Chicago Steel
- 1-12-18 ... No More Messnering Around - Madison Capitols
- Storm Sink Buccaneers in 3-1 Win - Tri-City Storm
- Fighting Saints Break Away in the Third, Beat Phantoms - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- RECAP - Stars Fall to the Lancers, 6-2 - Lincoln Stars
- Phantoms Drop 3-1 Decision to Dubuque - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Stay Perfect vs Fargo with 3-2 Win - Sioux Falls Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.