Rays to Honor Military During Saturday Night Game
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays will honor all United States active military and veterans during their game Saturday night against the Atlanta Gladiators as part of their annual Military Appreciation Night presented by Cambria Hotels at the North Charleston Coliseum.
Parking at the game will be free of charge, and the first 3,000 fans at the contest will receive a red, white and blue Stingrays rally towel. Doors to the arena will open at 5 p.m.
The team will wear specialty jerseys, which feature military themes and will be auctioned off on the ice immediately after the game with proceeds benefitting Operation Homefront. There will also be specialty pucks on sale at the club's official store, The Reef, with a portion of the proceeds going towards the charitable organization.
"We're honored to celebrate the great military connection we have in our community," said Stingrays President Rob Concannon. "This has been an exciting game for us in the past and our team is ready to play in front of our military and veterans. We're looking forward to using our platform to once again honor those in our community who have served."
Operation Homefront has fulfilled over 41,000 requests from military families across the U.S., providing more than $25 million in relief through our Critical Financial Assistance program. At Operation Homefront, 92 percent of expenditures go toward delivering programs and services. The organization is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive - not simply struggle to get by - in the communities they have worked so hard to protect.
- Tickets for all of the team's upcoming 2019-20 home contests are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 16, 2020
- Gennaro and Beaudoin Earn AHL Call-Ups - Rapid City Rush
- Fuel Stymied by Everblades Offense - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - January 16 - ECHL
- Ricky Duran to Perform National Anthem at the Worcester Railers Game on February 8 - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- DeSalvo Returns, Weis Recalled to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Captains, Skills Competition Participants Named for 2020 Warrior ECHL All-Star Classic, Presented by Toyota - Wichita Thunder
- Rays to Honor Military During Saturday Night Game - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Celebrate Women in 419 - Toledo Walleye
- Captains and Skills Competition Rosters Announced for 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic Presented by Toyota - ECHL
- Marchin to Participate in ECHL All-Star Skills Competition - Atlanta Gladiators
- Komets Acquire Veteran Defenseman Verpaelst - Fort Wayne Komets
- Electric Third Period Lifts Oilers over Steelheads - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Slip in Return Home, 4-1, to Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Wichita Falls in the Black Hills to Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Olson's Four Points Powers Solar Bears to 7-3 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Flying High: 'Blades Score Six to Knock off K-Wings - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.