Qsar Sets Home Run Record in 4-1 Win over Wilmington on Friday
Bowling Green, Kentucky - Jordan Qsar set the franchise single-season record for home runs with his 23rd of the year in the Bowling Green Hot Rods (81-36) 4-1 win over the Wilmington Blue Rocks (52-63) on Friday at Bowling Green Ballpark in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The two teams play the fourth-game of the five game series on Saturday with a 6:35 PM CT first pitch.
Wilmington scored first run of the game in the top of the fourth frame against Hot Rods reliever Jose Lopez. Israel Pineda doubled with one out to get the inning started. Drew Mendoza stepped up to the plate and singled, bringing in Pineda and giving the Blue Rocks a 1-0 lead.
Bowling Green tied the game in the bottom of the fourth inning against Wilmington starter Cole Henry. Qsar hit a ball off the base of the wall in right and sprinted around the bases for an inside-the-park home run, tying the game at 1-1. The homer was Qsar's 23rd of the year, breaking the franchise single-season record for home runs set by Derek Dietrich in 2011.
The Hot Rods applied more pressure in the sixth inning, bringing in three runs against Blue Rocks reliever Tyler Yankosky. Erik Ostberg led off the inning with a walk and scored on a double by Diego Infante. Logan Driscoll moved infante to third with a base-hit, and both came in to score when Roberto Alvarez had an infield single that led to an error, giving the Hot Rods a 4-1 lead. The bullpen held the Blue Rocks silent the rest of the way, securing a 4-1 win.
Taj Bradley tossed 3.0 scoreless innings, allowing just two hits while walking and striking out one in a no-decision. Lopez (3-1) gave up one run on two hits, walking one, and striking out one in his third win of the season. Zack Trageton (2) picked up his second save of the campaign, hurling 3.0 scoreless innings, giving up two hits while striking out four.
Notes: Qsar broke the franchise single-season home run record with his 23rd of the season... The record was previously held by Derek Dietrich, who hit 22 in 2011... Qsar's homer was an inside the park home run... It was the first Hot Rods inside the park homer since Jace Conrad did it May 20, 2015 against the West Michigan Whitecaps... Wisely had his eighth multi-hit game in a Hot Rods uniform... Alvarez had his sixth multi-hit performance of the season... Bowling Green is 30-17 when opponents score first... They are 56-4 when outhitting the opposing team... BG is 57-24 against right handed starters this season... The two teams play again Saturday with a 6:35 PM CT first pitch... The Hot Rods send LH John Doxakis (6-1, 4.80) to the bump against Blue Rocks RH Seth Shuman (0-4, 6.03)... Fans can catch all of the action by watching on MiLB.tv or listening through the MiLB First Pitch app, tuning into WBGN 94.5 FM and 1340 AM, or visiting https://www.milb.com/bowling-green/fans/audio-listen-live
• Discuss this story on the High-A East League message board...
High-A East League Stories from September 18, 2021
- Greenville Clips Ironbirds, 3-2 - Greenville Drive
- BKLYN Clubs Five Homers as they Beat BlueClaws, 9-2 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- BlueClaws Fall 9-2 on Saturday in Season's Penultimate Game - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Tonight's Game, Fireworks Cancelled - Rome Braves
- Rome Sends Higginbotham, Woods to Double-A, Adds Ramirez - Rome Braves
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (September 18) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Tourists Hit Their Stride in 14-4 Victory - Asheville Tourists
- Qsar Sets Home Run Record in 4-1 Win over Wilmington on Friday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bowling Green Hot Rods Stories
- Hot Rods Win High-A East Championship in 6-3 Game-Five Win
- Hot Rods Game Notes - High-A East Championship Game 5
- Hot Rods Force Game Five with 7-5 Win over Greensboro on Monday
- Hot Rods Game Notes - High-A East Championship Series Game 4
- Qsar Racks up Three RBIs in 6-5 Loss, Greensboro Takes 2-1 Series Lead on Sunday