Puempel's Two Goals Lead B-Sens Past Bears
HERSHEY, P.A. - The Binghamton Senators made it three in a row with a 5-3 victory over the Hershey Bears in Chocolate Town. Eight B-Sens players recorded points while Matt Puempel led the way with two goals.
The B-Sens notched the game's first goal 8:26 into the first period when Nick Paul beat Mark Dekanich with some great stick work following a feed from Tobias Lindberg. Chris Brown evened the score just past the 14 minute mark to send the teams to the first intermission tied 1-1 with Binghamton holding a 12-9 advantage in shots on goal.
Binghamton was efficient with their few shots in the middle period scoring twice on just three attempts. First, Puempel regained the lead for the B-Sens 8:15 into the frame on the power play with his eighth strike of the season. Less than one minute later, Paul Carey once again evened the score 2-2 with his 12 goal of the year. Binghamton managed to take the 3-2 lead into the final break when Buddy Robinson completed a 2-on-0 breakaway with another great feed from Lindberg.
Matt Puempel doubled the B-Sens lead with his second goal of the night 1:21 into the final frame off an assist from Kyle Flanagan. Travis Boyd brought it back to a one-goal game just over the midway point of the third period, but Colin Greening scored an empty net goal with one minute left to push the final score to 5-3.
Driedger stopped 28 shots for the win while Dekanich had 18 saves in the losing effort.
Binghamton return home on Tuesday, December 29, for a 7:05p.m. matchup with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. For tickets to Tuesday's game call (607)722-SENS Monday from 9:00-5:30p.m. or on Tuesday beginning at 8:00a.m. Fans can also purchase tickets through the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 27, 2015
- SJ Barracuda Dominate Heat in 5-1 Home Victory - San Jose Barracuda
- Grant Pushes Point Streak to Five Games as Heat Fall in San Jose - Stockton Heat
- IceHogs Stumble in 3-1 Loss to Wild - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Franchise Record 15-Game Win Streak Snapped by Monsters, 3-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Pirates Take Down Falcons to Pick up Sixth Straight Win - Portland Pirates
- Monsters Snap Griffins' Historic Streak with 3-2 Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Wild Hogties Rockford 3-1 - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Blanked by Wolf Pack - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Clipped by Stars 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- LaBarbera Posts 35-Save Shutout Gem at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bridgeport wins second straight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pens' Improved Effort Not Enough in 3-0 Shutout Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Fall against Pirates for Fourth Straight Time - Springfield Falcons
- Stars Take Down Rampage on the Road, 3-2 - Texas Stars
- Malcolm Stones Americans, Nehring Nets Late Winner for Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Senators Battle Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Bridgeport Victorious in Fifth Meeting of Season - Providence Bruins
- Puempel's Two Goals Lead B-Sens Past Bears - Binghamton Senators
- Rampage Recall Gabriel Beaupre, Alex Belzile - San Antonio Rampage
- New Kids on Comets Block Powers Utica Past Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- IceCaps Edge Marlies in Back and Forth Battle - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch Surpassed by Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Fresh from Four-Point Night in Adirondack, Forward Heard Rejoins Heat - Stockton Heat
- Heat Visit the SAP Center for Afternoon Matinee with Barracuda - Stockton Heat
- Oilers Recall Condors Leading Scorer Brad Hunt - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Game Preview: Sock Toss Sunday and Skate with the Team - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Announce Roster Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Recall Quenneville, Weinstein Signs PTO - Cleveland Monsters
- Jets Recall Lowry, Place Scheifele on IR - Manitoba Moose
- Islanders Recall Christopher Gibson - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Home After the Holidays - Milwaukee Admirals
- Lagace Recalled, Campbell Assigned to ECHL - Texas Stars
- Miceli Assigned to Brampton - St. John's IceCaps
- Bozon and Thrower Reassigned to Brampton - St. John's IceCaps
- Gulls Upend Reign 4-1 for Fourth Straight Win - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Edge IceHogs in Shootout - Rockford IceHogs
- Hunt Scores Twice to Lead Condors over Heat - Bakersfield Condors
- Van Brabant's Three-Point Night Not Enough to Power Heat over Condors - Stockton Heat
- Reign Fall to Gulls in San Diego, 4-1 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.