Portland LumberJax Revised 2009 Schedule
JAX OPEN 2009 SCHEDULE ON JANUARY 3RD PORTLAND, December 12, 2008 - The National Lacrosse League has announced a new, revised schedule for the 2009 season. The Portland LumberJax will begin defense of their West Division Title on Saturday, January 3rd as they host the Minnesota Swarm at 7:30 p.m. PST at the Rose Garden Arena.
Six days later, On Friday, January 9th, Portland hosts the Colorado Mammoth at 7:30 p.m. in the first of three meetings between the two rivals. One night later, the Jax are in Colorado to complete the home-and-home at 6 p.m. at the Pepsi Center.
The road trip continues on Friday, January 16th as Portland travels to Edmonton to meet the Rush at 6:30 p.m. at Rexall Place. The Jax won two of three meetings last season and hold a 6-2 lead in the series history. In all, Portland holds a +21 margin in goal scoring over the Rush and has won four times by four goals or more.
The Jax play their third home game of the season on Friday, January 23rd as they play host to the Rush at 7:30 p.m.
Portland travels to Boston to meet the Blazers on Saturday, January 31st at 4:30 p.m. at the TD Banknorth Garden.
The Jax return home on Saturday, February 7th to host the San Jose Stealth at 7:30 p.m. After a bye week, the Jax host the Philadelphia Wings on Saturday, February 28th at 7:30 p.m.
The All-Star Game takes place on Saturday, March 7th at the Pepsi Center in Denver. After the break, Portland travels to Buffalo in a rematch of last season's NLL Championship Game. The Jax and Bandits will lock sticks at 4:30 p.m. at the HSBC Arena.
One week later, on Saturday, March 28th, the Jax are in San Jose to play the Stealth at 12:30 p.m. at the HP Pavilion. Less than 24 hours later, the two teams will meet again, this time at 3 p.m. in Portland.
The Jax and Mammoth will meet for the third time during the regular season on Saturday, April 4th at 7:30 p.m. at the Rose Garden.
On Friday, April 10th, the Jax will be in Calgary to meet the Roughnecks at 6:30 p.m. at the Pengrowth Saddledome. Portland captured the West Division Title by beating Calgary 16-12 last season in the West Division Championship.
One night later, The Jax will be in Minnesota to meet the Swarm at 5 p.m. at the Xcel Energy Center.
Portland wraps up its regular season home schedule on Friday, April 17th as it hosts the Roughnecks at 7:30 p.m.
One night later the Jax wrap up the regular season in Edmonton at 6:30 p.m. at Rexall Place.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from December 12, 2008
- Buffalo Bandits Acquire Thomas Montour From Calgary - Buffalo Bandits
- Minnesota Swarm Announces Revised 2009 NLL Schedule, Selects Two Players in Dispersal Draft - Minnesota Swarm
- Portland Acquires Leveille in Dispersal Draft - Portland Lumberjax
- Wings Acquire Giles in Dispersal Draft - Philadelphia Wings
- Rush Acquire Rights To Self, Crawford, Gibson - NLL Announce Schedule Changes - Edmonton Rush
- Portland LumberJax Revised 2009 Schedule - Portland Lumberjax
- Knighthawks Acquire Four in Dispersal Draft - Rochester Knighthawks
- Colorado Mammoth Picks Up Self in Dispersal Draft - Colorado Mammoth
- Blazers Select Goalie Anthony Cosmo in NLL Dispersal Draft - Boston Blazers
- Toronto Rock Acquire Bill McGlone and Josh Wasson - Toronto Rock
- Roughnecks Acquire First Round Selection in 2010 Entry Draft - Calgary Roughnecks
- Knighthawks Release New Schedule - Rochester Knighthawks
- Buffalo Bandits Acquire Rights to Cody Jacobs and Cory Stringer - Buffalo Bandits
- Cosmo Selected First in Dispersal Draft - NLL
- National Lacrosse League Announces Revised 2009 Season Schedule - NLL
- Alberta Heats up this Saturday in Red Reer - Calgary Roughnecks
- Rush Play Rivals On Neutral Floor - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Lumberjax Stories
- Morgan Brothers Lacrosse Camp This Weekend!
- Merrill Named All-Pro
- Merrill Named Top Transition Player
- Jax Owners Will Not Continue to Operate in Portland
- Stealth Edge Jax, 20-16