Knighthawks Acquire Four in Dispersal Draft
(Rochester, NY)... The Rochester Knighthawks acquired four players today in the National Lacrosse League Dispersal Draft of Chicago Shamrox players. Rochester selected defenseman Mike Kirk with the fourth overall pick, but then sent him to San Jose for the Stealth's first-round pick in the 2010 NLL Entry Draft.
Rochester then added transition man Bobby McBride with the 16th overall selection and completed the draft with three more selections: Craig Robertson, Pat Saunders and Brock Boyle.
McBride completed his rookie season in the NLL in 2008 and collected eight goals, 13 assists and 73 loose balls in 13 games with the Shamrox. He has played in the Ontario Lacrosse Major Series with teams in Brampton and Brooklin. This summer with Brooklin, he netted 12 goals and added five assists in nine games.
Robertson was taken in the third round (24th overall). The goalie played for the OLA Senior "B" Norwood Nitro in 2008. In 2007, he was named the Top Junior "A" Goalie in the British Columbia Lacrosse Association (BCLA). He was also a First Team All-Star as a member of the New Westminster Salmonbellies. He originally signed with the Colorado Mammoth in 2007 before signing with Chicago in 2008.
Rochester took Pat Saunders in the fourth round (25th overall). He was originally selected in the sixth round (76th overall) of the 2008 NLL Entry Draft by Chicago. The forward played for the OLA Junior "B" Halton Hills Bulldogs in 2008 and played for the Junior "B" Ontario Championships. This summer, he led Junior "B" lacrosse with 102 points (57+45) in just 19 games.
The Knighthawks used their last selection (26th overall) to acquire Brock Boyle. The veteran enters his sixth season in the NLL in 2009. The defenseman recorded five assists and 31 loose balls last season in Chicago. In his NLL career, he scored 30 goals and added 26 assists in 51 games with teams in Chicago, Minnesota and Albany.
The Knighthawks will open the season at home on Saturday, January 10th against the rival Philadelphia Wings at 8:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from December 12, 2008
- Buffalo Bandits Acquire Thomas Montour From Calgary - Buffalo Bandits
- Minnesota Swarm Announces Revised 2009 NLL Schedule, Selects Two Players in Dispersal Draft - Minnesota Swarm
- Portland Acquires Leveille in Dispersal Draft - Portland Lumberjax
- Wings Acquire Giles in Dispersal Draft - Philadelphia Wings
- Rush Acquire Rights To Self, Crawford, Gibson - NLL Announce Schedule Changes - Edmonton Rush
- Portland LumberJax Revised 2009 Schedule - Portland Lumberjax
- Knighthawks Acquire Four in Dispersal Draft - Rochester Knighthawks
- Colorado Mammoth Picks Up Self in Dispersal Draft - Colorado Mammoth
- Blazers Select Goalie Anthony Cosmo in NLL Dispersal Draft - Boston Blazers
- Toronto Rock Acquire Bill McGlone and Josh Wasson - Toronto Rock
- Roughnecks Acquire First Round Selection in 2010 Entry Draft - Calgary Roughnecks
- Knighthawks Release New Schedule - Rochester Knighthawks
- Buffalo Bandits Acquire Rights to Cody Jacobs and Cory Stringer - Buffalo Bandits
- Cosmo Selected First in Dispersal Draft - NLL
- National Lacrosse League Announces Revised 2009 Season Schedule - NLL
- Alberta Heats up this Saturday in Red Reer - Calgary Roughnecks
- Rush Play Rivals On Neutral Floor - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Knighthawks Stories
- 2019 NLL Entry Draft Set for Tonight at Xfinity Live in Philadelphia
- Knighthawks Announce 2019-20 Schedule
- NLL Announces Division Alignment, Schedule and Playoff Format for 2019-20 Season
- Knighthawks Renew Partnership with Roots Box Lacrosse for Return of Youth League
- Jr. Knighthawks Set to Face-Off against Jr. Bandits in Inaugural I-90 Cup Rivalry Series