Pitching Sharp But Claws Fall 2-1 at Greensboro
GREENSBORO, NC - Osvaldo Bido gave up one run over six innings as Greensboro completed a five-game sweep of the BlueClaws with a 2-1 win on Monday at First National Bank Field.
The BlueClaws (14-29) had won three straight games coming down to North Carolina but leave after the sweep as Greensboro improves to 29-14 on the year.
Lakewood got the game's first run in the second inning on a groundout by Jimmy Smith.
Greensboro tied the game in the third inning on an RBI single from Fabricio Macias and then took the lead in the fourth on a solo home run by Grant Koch, his third home run of the season.
Bido gave up just three hits and one walk while striking out five.
BlueClaws starter Tyler McKay gave up two runs over five innings and Kyle Glogoski threw three perfect innings in relief for Lakewood.
Joe Jacques threw the seventh and eighth and John O'Reilly had a 1-2-3 ninth for Greensboro, earning his first save.
Carlos De La Cruz had two hits for Lakewood.
The BlueClaws head to Delmarva on Tuesday to open a four-game series with the Shorebirds. LHP Jhordany Mezquita (2-3) starts the series opener for Lakewood.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 20, 2019
- Legends Split Series with Tourists - Lexington Legends
- MacIver Blasts Tourists to Exciting Win - Asheville Tourists
- Jackets Can't Complete Sweep of Charleston - Augusta GreenJackets
- Breaux Goes Yard as Dogs Salvage Game Four - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive Shutout West Virginia, 4-0, to Split Series - Greenville Drive
- Power Silenced in 4-0 Loss to Greenville - West Virginia Power
- Chambers Collects Four Hits, Fireflies Split with Rome - Columbia Fireflies
- Promo Preview: ZOOperstars, BirdZerk and More - Hickory Crawdads
- Pitching Sharp But Claws Fall 2-1 at Greensboro - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Suns Fall in Back-And-Forth with Hickory - Hagerstown Suns
- Promotional Notes (May 21-28) - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes - May 20 at ROM (Game 44) - Columbia Fireflies
- Bill on Baseball: Martin's Walk-Offs Wreck BlueClaws - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Game Notes (May 20) - West Virginia Power
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Columbia Ends Rome Winning Streak with 9-8 Extra Inning Victory - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.