Legends Split Series with Tourists
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Legends dropped the final game of the series with the Asheville Tourists, 2-1. They split the four-game series and the Legends remain in third place, 1.5 games behind the Charleston RiverDogs in the Southern Division of the South Atlantic League.
In the top of the second inning, Willie MacIver hit a leadoff home run and the Tourists led 1-0.
The Legends tied the game in the bottom of the seventh inning. Chase Vallot lined a single to left centerfield. Jeison Guzman then smashed an RBI triple off the right centerfield wall plating Vallot and the game was tied 1-1.
MacIver blasted his second home run of the game in the top of the ninth inning, and Asheville took the 2-1 lead.
Jake Bird was awarded the victory tossing 2.0 innings allowing one run on two hits. Josh Dye was given the loss pitching 2.0 innings allowing one run on two hits while striking out two. Lexington's Kris Bubic dealt 7.0 innings allowing one run on four hits while striking out nine.
The Legends now hit the road to first face the Hickory Crawdads then the West Virginia Power. They return to Whitaker Bank Ballpark on May 30 at 7:05pm to face the Charleston RiverDogs for the first time this season.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
Images from this story
Lexington Legends pitcher Kris Bubic
Jeison Guzman of the Lexington Legends at bat
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 20, 2019
- Legends Split Series with Tourists - Lexington Legends
- MacIver Blasts Tourists to Exciting Win - Asheville Tourists
- Jackets Can't Complete Sweep of Charleston - Augusta GreenJackets
- Breaux Goes Yard as Dogs Salvage Game Four - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive Shutout West Virginia, 4-0, to Split Series - Greenville Drive
- Power Silenced in 4-0 Loss to Greenville - West Virginia Power
- Chambers Collects Four Hits, Fireflies Split with Rome - Columbia Fireflies
- Promo Preview: ZOOperstars, BirdZerk and More - Hickory Crawdads
- Pitching Sharp But Claws Fall 2-1 at Greensboro - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Suns Fall in Back-And-Forth with Hickory - Hagerstown Suns
- Promotional Notes (May 21-28) - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes - May 20 at ROM (Game 44) - Columbia Fireflies
- Bill on Baseball: Martin's Walk-Offs Wreck BlueClaws - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Game Notes (May 20) - West Virginia Power
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Columbia Ends Rome Winning Streak with 9-8 Extra Inning Victory - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Legends Receive Bob Freitas Award as Top Single A Organization by Baseball America
- Tickets on Sale Now for Nitro Circus and First Athletes Announced
- Lexington Legends Praise Congressional Effort
- Lexington Legends and Bowling Green Hot Rods Announce 2020 Game at Whitaker Bank Ballpark
- Legends Add New Faces to Front Office Lineup