"Pick up the Tab" - Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Saginaw Spirit
The Guelph Storm welcome the Saginaw Spirit to the Sleeman Centre on Friday night for the fourth and final meeting between the two teams, with the puck dropping at 7:30pm.
Friday will be the last meeting between the Storm and the Spirit, with the Guelph Storm leading the season series with a 2-0-0-1 record, while Saginaw enters the game with a 1-1-1-0 record.
Guelph has won 7 consecutive games heading into Fridays matchup and have outscored their opponents by a combined score of 47-20 over that span. Guelph is sitting in 4th place in the Western Conference with 82 points, while the Saginaw Spirit are in 2nd place in the Western Conference with 89 points. Saginaw is 8-1-1-0 in their last 10 games played and are looking to stay ahead of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and the Guelph Storm in the Western Conference heading into the playoffs.
Fans can purchase tickets either in-person at the Sleeman Centre Box Office, by calling (519) 837-9690 or online at ticketmaster.com here.
HEAD TO HEAD
2018-19 Regular Season
SAG 1-1-1-0 GUE 2-0-0-1
2017-18 Regular Season
SAG 1-2-1-0 GUE 3-1-0-0
Last Five Years
SAG 7-9-2-1 GUE 12-6-0-1
Last Five Years At Saginaw
SAG 3-6-1-0 GUE 7-2-0-1
Last Five Years At Guelph
SAG 4-3-1-1 GUE 5-4-0-0
LAST 5 GAMES
Season Record 42-15-2-3 36-16-6-4
Last 10 Games 8-1-0-1 8-2-0-0
Streak 6-0-0-0 7-0-0-0
Last Game 8-0 W vs Peterborough (2019-03-03) Final 8-4 W @ Kitchener (2019-03-03) Final
Home Record 24-6-1-1 21-7-1-1
Away Record 18-9-1-2 15-9-5-3
Goals For 273 281
Goals Against 197 209
Power Plays 50/209 (23.9%) 62/242 (25.6%)
Power Plays - Home 24/101 (23.8%) 32/124 (25.8%)
Power Plays - Away 26/108 (24.1%) 30/118 (25.4%)
Penalty Killing 37/212 (82.5%) 48/226 (78.8%)
Penalty Killing - Home 17/110 (84.5%) 25/106 (76.4%)
Penalty Killing - Away 20/102 (80.4%) 23/120 (80.8%)
Leading Rookie Perfetti (31-35-66) Chayka (5-9-14)
Most Penalty Minutes Justin Murray Isaac Ratcliffe
Team PIM/GM 8.6/62 9.8/62
Players to Watch
The Guelph Storm have won 7 consecutive games, and a large reason for that is the play of #9 Nick Suzuki. In his last 7 games, Nick has scored 5 goals and 16 assists for 21 points, bringing his Storm totals to 10 goals and 31 assists for 41 points in 23 games played.
Bode Wilde has been a big reason for the Saginaw Spirit having a great season thus far, and over his last 10 games he has scored 6 goals and added 7 assists for 13 points. The 6?.3? Defencemen is leading the team in scoring with 19 goals and 48 assists for 67 points in 56 games played for the Spirit.
The Guelph Storm will head to Owen Sound on Saturday March 9th to take on the Attack at 7:30pm before they head back home to finish their 3 in 3 weekend with a game against the Kitchener Rangers on Sunday March 10th at 4:00pm. The Storm will head into their final regular season week/weekend with a home game against the London Knights on Wednesday March 13th at 7:00pm, and their final home game of the regular season on Friday March 15th against the Erie Otters at 7:30pm. They will finish their season against the Otters in Erie on Saturday March 16th at 7:00pm before heading into the playoffs.
Fans can purchase tickets either in-person at the Sleeman Centre Box Office, by calling (519) 837-9690 or online at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2019
- Petes Shut out Frontenacs to Win Season Series - Peterborough Petes
- IceDogs Keep Erie at Bay in 7-4 Victory - Niagara IceDogs
- Attack Hang on for Win vs Spitfires, 4-3 - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters Fall 7-4 to IceDogs - Erie Otters
- Firebirds to Host Whaley Night to Collect Hygiene Items for Children - Flint Firebirds
- Battalion Game Postponed - North Bay Battalion
- OHL Announces Postponed Game Between Barrie and North Bay - OHL
- Hollowell Signs with Maple Leafs - Soo Greyhounds
- Hamilton Bulldogs to Host 2020 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs to Host 2020 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - OHL
- Buffalo Wild Wings Charity Server Night Raises over $1100 for Guelph Wish Fund - Guelph Storm
- Storm Alumni Win AUS Title with UNB Reds - Guelph Storm
- "Pick up the Tab" - Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Saginaw Spirit - Guelph Storm
- Weekend Preview | Steelheads Prepare for Three Game Stretch - Mississauga Steelheads
- Firebirds Post Third Home Victory in Last Five Games - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Guelph Storm Stories
- Has Attending Czech National Junior Team Selection Camp
- Storm Acquire Picks from Firebirds
- Third Round Pick Ryan McGuire Commits to Storm
- Storm's Hillis Inspired to Share His Love of the Game with Others
- Storm's Nico Daws Named Inaugural Recipient of Jim Rutherford Trophy as OHL Goaltender of the Year