Battalion Game Postponed
NORTH BAY, Ont. - The Ontario Hockey League game scheduled Thursday night between the North Bay Battalion and the visiting Barrie Colts has been postponed because of damage possibly related to snow on the roof of Memorial Gardens.
The arena has been closed to the public while the situation is assessed. No makeup date has been determined.
"Some cracks have developed in the drywall on some non-bearing walls of Memorial Gardens," John Severino, the North Bay city engineer, said in a news release. "Until the cause of the cracks can be confirmed it has been decided to close the facility to public use.
"A structural engineering firm has been engaged to evaluate the source of the cracking out of an abundance of caution."
The Battalion has three home games scheduled after Thursday, on Sunday against the Peterborough Petes, next Thursday night against the Hamilton Bulldogs and Sunday, March 17, against the Niagara IceDogs to end the regular season.
The Battalion, with a won-lost-extended record of 27-30-5 for 59 points, is fourth in the Central Division and eighth in the Eastern Conference, three points ahead of Barrie, which is fifth in the division and ninth in the conference. The top eight teams qualify for the playoffs.
Entering play Thursday night, the Troops were two points behind both Peterborough and Hamilton.
The Battalion has two road games left, against the Oshawa Generals at 7:35 p.m. Friday and the Mississauga Steelheads next Friday night.
The game at Oshawa can be seen live in North Bay on YourTV Channels 12 and 700 and heard on Country 600 CKAT.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2019
- Petes Shut out Frontenacs to Win Season Series - Peterborough Petes
- IceDogs Keep Erie at Bay in 7-4 Victory - Niagara IceDogs
- Attack Hang on for Win vs Spitfires, 4-3 - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters Fall 7-4 to IceDogs - Erie Otters
- Firebirds to Host Whaley Night to Collect Hygiene Items for Children - Flint Firebirds
- Battalion Game Postponed - North Bay Battalion
- OHL Announces Postponed Game Between Barrie and North Bay - OHL
- Hollowell Signs with Maple Leafs - Soo Greyhounds
- Hamilton Bulldogs to Host 2020 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs to Host 2020 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - OHL
- Buffalo Wild Wings Charity Server Night Raises over $1100 for Guelph Wish Fund - Guelph Storm
- Storm Alumni Win AUS Title with UNB Reds - Guelph Storm
- "Pick up the Tab" - Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Saginaw Spirit - Guelph Storm
- Weekend Preview | Steelheads Prepare for Three Game Stretch - Mississauga Steelheads
- Firebirds Post Third Home Victory in Last Five Games - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.