Penguins Call up Lukas Svejkovsky from Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that forward Lukas Svejkovsky has been reassigned by the Pittsburgh Penguins to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton from their ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Svejkovsky, who turned 22-years-old last week, is tied for second-highest point total on the Nailers with 16. He has registered at least one point in 10 of his 12 games played this season, amassing six goals and 10 assists.
Last season, Svejkovsky appeared in 47 games for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. The native of Point Roberts, Washington posted three goals and 12 assists for 15 points during his rookie season.
Prior to turning pro with the Penguins, Svejkovsky played four seasons of junior hockey in the Western Hockey League. The fourth-round (108th overall) draft pick of Pittsburgh in 2020, Svejkovsky played for the Vancouver Giants, Medicine Hat Tigers and Seattle Thunderbirds, picking up 162 points (74G-88A) in 196 WHL games.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is Friday, Dec. 4, when the Cleveland Monsters come to town. Puck drop for the Penguins and Monsters is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Season-ticket packages for the Penguins' 25th season of hockey are on sale now. Full-Season, 22-game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2023
- Bears Finish Road Trip, Dig into December - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Weekend Recap: December 4th, 2023 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Capitals Loan Goaltender Hunter Shepard to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Checkers and Novant Health Teaming up for Toy Drive - Charlotte Checkers
- Amerks Holding Holiday Food Drive Throughout Month of December to Benefit Foodlink - Rochester Americans
- San Diego Gulls Recall Jaxsen Wiebe from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Penguins Call up Lukas Svejkovsky from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceHogs Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss and Hat Giveaway up Next for Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa's Jesper Wallstedt Named Howies Hockey Tape/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Panthers Recall Uvis Balinskis from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Amerks, Genesee Brew House Announce Return of Amerks Amber Ale for 2023-24 Season - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Bears Squeak Past Penguins in Penalty-Filled Affair
- Dillon Hamaliuk Returns to Penguins
- Dillon Hamaliuk Reassigned to Nailers
- Blomqvist Dazzles, But Penguins Fall in OT, 3-2
- Taylor Gauthier Reassigned to Penguins