Our Community Rocks Food Drive To Continue At Skyforce Home Games
Sioux Falls, S.D. (March 23, 2009) - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the "Our Community Rocks" food drive that was launched by SMG on March 6 will continue through the rest of their regular season. Anyone who donates at any of the four remaining Skyforce home games will receive a $1 off token to use at concession stands at the Sioux Falls Arena.
"It's impossible to not see the need that so many families are facing in providing food on the table in these times," said Russ DeCurtins, SMG Sioux Falls General Manager. "This really creates an opportunity for fans and more importantly for the Sioux Falls Food Pantry to make some good things happen."
"Sioux Falls has a great heritage of stepping up to the plate when there is a need," said Matt Gassen, Executive Director of the Sioux Falls Community Food Bank. "Things like this show how companies like SMG and the Skyforce aren't just businesses, they are members of the community making a difference."
Among the suggested items to donate are canned foods, crackers, cold cereal along with personal items such as tooth paste, soaps and personal hygiene products.
For more information about the "Our Community Rocks" food drive visit http://blog.sfarena.com. For more information on the Sioux Falls Community Food Banks and the Sioux Falls Food Pantry visit http://www.sdfoodbanks.org.
The Skyforce's next game is on Friday, March 27 at home against the Albuquerque Thunderbirds. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. at the Sioux Falls Arena. Twelve-ticket flex packs are on sale throughout the 2008-09 season. Discounts and benefits are also available for groups of 10 or more. For more information please contact a Skyforce representative at (605) 332-0605.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2009
- Rockets Sign White for Remainder of Season - Anaheim Arsenal
- Nathan Jawai Recalled To Toronto Raptors - Idaho Stampede
- Dakota Wizards Host First Ever Hotcakes N' Hoops - Dakota Wizards
- Our Community Rocks Food Drive To Continue At Skyforce Home Games - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Arsenal Shatter Attendance Record - Anaheim Arsenal
- Rudy Tomjanovich to Open Weekend Festivities on Coach's Show - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Arsenal Week In Review - Anaheim Arsenal
- 66ers Community Initiatives This Week - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Recall D.J. White from Tulsa - Tulsa 66ers
- Albuquerque's Will Conroy Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Iowa's Courtney Sims Called Up To New York Knicks - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente