Iowa's Courtney Sims Called Up To New York Knicks
March 23, 2009 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK, March 23, 2009 - The New York Knicks today signed Iowa Energy center Courtney Sims, making him the 16th GATORADE Call-Up of the 2008-09 NBA Development League season and the 134th overall since the league began play in 2001. The call-up is the third of the season for Sims.
Sims, 6-11, has played in 32 games for the Energy this season, averaging 22.8 points, 11.0 rebounds and 38.8 minutes while shooting 61 percent (277-of-458) from the field. He has scored in double figures in all 32 games, recording 22 point/rebound double-doubles and scoring 30 or more points on six occasions.
Twice called-up by Phoenix this season, Sims has appeared in one NBA game this season for the Suns.
Undrafted out of the University of Michigan in 2007, Sims saw action in three games with the Indiana Pacers during the 2007-08 season before being waived in Dec., 2007 and finishing the season with the Energy. During the summer of 2008, Sims participated in Toronto Raptors mini camp and played with the New Orleans Hornets during NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, where he averaged 4.5 points and 2.0 rebounds in four games. Prior to the 2008-09 season, Sims earned a spot on the Charlotte Bobcats training camp roster.
A four-year contributor at Michigan, Sims averaged 11.5 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.3 blocks during his senior season.
Sims is expected to join the Knicks today and be available when the team faces the Orlando Magic at Madison Square Garden tonight.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2009
- Rockets Sign White for Remainder of Season - Anaheim Arsenal
- Nathan Jawai Recalled To Toronto Raptors - Idaho Stampede
- Dakota Wizards Host First Ever Hotcakes N' Hoops - Dakota Wizards
- Our Community Rocks Food Drive To Continue At Skyforce Home Games - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Arsenal Shatter Attendance Record - Anaheim Arsenal
- Rudy Tomjanovich to Open Weekend Festivities on Coach's Show - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Arsenal Week In Review - Anaheim Arsenal
- 66ers Community Initiatives This Week - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Recall D.J. White from Tulsa - Tulsa 66ers
- Albuquerque's Will Conroy Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Iowa's Courtney Sims Called Up To New York Knicks - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.