Dakota Wizards Host First Ever Hotcakes N' Hoops
BISMARCK, ND, March 23, 2009 - The NBA Development League Central Division Champion Dakota Wizards have teamed up with the North Dakota National Guard Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) program for Hotcakes and Hoops.
Dakota Wizards players, coaches and staff will be at the North Dakota National Guard Armory (Raymond J. Bohn Armory, 4200 East Divide) on Saturday March 28th starting at 9:00 AM CT until 11 AM, where they will be cooking and serving a pancake breakfast to benefit the National Guard TAPS program. The breakfast will be a free will donation.
"This is a unique program that we are honored to be able to be a part of," said Wizards General Manager Tom Wagganer. "Everyone knows or has met a National Guard soldier before, this is our way to say thanks for their service to our country and that we appreciate all they do as well as help out those who have lost a loved one in the process."
Make sure you bring your basketball shoes as starting at 11:00 the Wizards players and coaches will get out of the kitchen and on the court for a free basketball clinic for all youth who would like to be involved.
ND-TAPS supports North Dakota families of our fallen service members by providing necessary transportation and housing so family members can attend the national TAPS program events. This program has been an incredible experience for our families and we have gone from four attending in 2005, to twenty seven in 2007.
Much of this increase is due to the experiences of those who have attended. Providing essential support to our families of all service branches, TAPS helps family members deal with issues related to the death of their loved one. Please help us to help the families of our fallen service members.
In conjunction with this breakfast the Wizards will offer a discounted ticket to the Friday April 10th game vs. Anaheim Arsenal to all members of the National Guard and their families and friends. Simply call the Wizards office at (701) 258-2255 and ask for Anna. Reserved tickets are just $11 (savings of $4) or get a general admission seat for just $8 (savings of $2)
The Dakota Wizards are back in action at home on Wednesday March 25th as they face the Albuquerque Thunderbirds at the Bismarck Civic Center, tip-off set for 7:00 PM CT. Want to get your group in the game? Contact the Wizards office for discounted ticket options.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2009
- Rockets Sign White for Remainder of Season - Anaheim Arsenal
- Nathan Jawai Recalled To Toronto Raptors - Idaho Stampede
- Dakota Wizards Host First Ever Hotcakes N' Hoops - Dakota Wizards
- Our Community Rocks Food Drive To Continue At Skyforce Home Games - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Arsenal Shatter Attendance Record - Anaheim Arsenal
- Rudy Tomjanovich to Open Weekend Festivities on Coach's Show - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Arsenal Week In Review - Anaheim Arsenal
- 66ers Community Initiatives This Week - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Recall D.J. White from Tulsa - Tulsa 66ers
- Albuquerque's Will Conroy Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Iowa's Courtney Sims Called Up To New York Knicks - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.