Arsenal Shatter Attendance Record
ANAHEIM, CA (March 23, 2009) - After hosting 'Break The Record' night, the Anaheim Arsenal are proud to announce that they have achieved their goal in breaking every attendance record in the books by hosting over 5,228 people on Friday night.
The previous record was set during the Arsenal's inaugural season in 2006-2007 where they introduced over 3,151 Orange County basketball fans to the NBA Development League.
The new record, which topped the previous record by 2,077 attendees, was set in large part to the groups in attendance that evening. The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life brought numerous families together at the game as the Arsenal honored cancer survivors with a 'victory lap' around the court to celebrate their triumph over cancer. The Anaheim YMCA attended to honor Coach Foley, a local coaching legend who recently passed away. Coach Foley's wife led the crowd in having a moment of silence for the Coach and celebrated his legacy.
The Arsenal is currently on a two week road trip before returning to Anaheim on April 8th to host the Utah Flash in this season's last home game. Tip off is at 7:00 p.m. and tickets are still available. Contact an Arsenal representative at (714) 635-2255 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2009
- Rockets Sign White for Remainder of Season - Anaheim Arsenal
- Nathan Jawai Recalled To Toronto Raptors - Idaho Stampede
- Dakota Wizards Host First Ever Hotcakes N' Hoops - Dakota Wizards
- Our Community Rocks Food Drive To Continue At Skyforce Home Games - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Arsenal Shatter Attendance Record - Anaheim Arsenal
- Rudy Tomjanovich to Open Weekend Festivities on Coach's Show - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Arsenal Week In Review - Anaheim Arsenal
- 66ers Community Initiatives This Week - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Recall D.J. White from Tulsa - Tulsa 66ers
- Albuquerque's Will Conroy Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Iowa's Courtney Sims Called Up To New York Knicks - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.