Rockets Sign White for Remainder of Season
HOUSTON - Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the team has signed guard/forward James White to a multi-year deal. He was signed to an original 10-day contract by the Rockets on Mar. 3 and inked a second 10-day contract on Mar. 13. White joined Houston from the Anaheim Arsenal of the NBA D-League, becoming the 12th GATORADE Call-Up of the season.
White (6-7, 200, Cincinnati) has appeared in one game with the Rockets since his Call-Up, notching five points (2-2 FG, 1-1 3FG), one assist, one steal and one blocked shot in 3:42 of action vs. Minnesota (3/20/09). He averaged 25.9 points, 5.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.18 steals in 34 games (33 starts) for the Arsenal this season. At the time of his Call-Up, White was tied for first in the D-League in points per game and was ranked tied for 12th in the league in field goal percentage. White posted 30 or more points in 12 contests with the Arsenal in 2008-09, including a season-high 47-point performance against Houston's D-League affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers (1/20/09).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 23, 2009
- Rockets Sign White for Remainder of Season - Anaheim Arsenal
- Nathan Jawai Recalled To Toronto Raptors - Idaho Stampede
- Dakota Wizards Host First Ever Hotcakes N' Hoops - Dakota Wizards
- Our Community Rocks Food Drive To Continue At Skyforce Home Games - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Arsenal Shatter Attendance Record - Anaheim Arsenal
- Rudy Tomjanovich to Open Weekend Festivities on Coach's Show - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Arsenal Week In Review - Anaheim Arsenal
- 66ers Community Initiatives This Week - Tulsa 66ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Recall D.J. White from Tulsa - Tulsa 66ers
- Albuquerque's Will Conroy Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Iowa's Courtney Sims Called Up To New York Knicks - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.