Oil Kings Acquire Kaid Oliver from Victoria Royals
(EDMONTON, AB) - The Edmonton Oil Kings have acquired forward Kaid Oliver from the Victoria Royals, as well as a 4th round pick (VIC) in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft, and a conditional 4th round pick (VIC) in 2023 the Club announced on Monday.
In exchange, the Royals receive defenceman Jacson Alexander, a 3rd round pick (EDM) in 2020, and a 7th round pick (EDM) in 2020.
Oliver, 20, from White Rock, BC, spent all four of his previous WHL seasons as a member of the Royals, amassing 58 goals and 72 assists for 130 points in 249 career regular season and playoff games, combined. He finished fourth in team scoring during the 2019-20 campaign, registering 22 goals and a career high 25 assists for 47 points in 51 games.
"Kaid is a competitive 200-foot center that has a scoring touch around the net," said Edmonton Oil Kings President of Hockey Operations and General Manager, Kirt Hill. "He plays a hard style of game and was among the League leaders in faceoff percentage last season.
"This acquisition adds additional scoring and offence to the middle of our lineup. We would like to welcome Kaid and his family to the Oil Kings organization."
Alexander, 19, hails from Victoria, BC and will now have the opportunity to dress for his hometown team. He was a member of the Oil Kings for the past two seasons after being acquired from the Swift Current Broncos, winning an Ed Chynoweth Cup with the Club in 2018. A former 1st round, 17th overall selection, he collected four goals and seven assists for 11 points despite being limited to 28 regular season games with Edmonton due to injury from 2018-20.
"Jacson is an extremely skilled player and an even better individual with a lot of promise," added Hill. "Unfortunately injuries prevented him from playing a greater number of games as an Oil King, but he still made a substantial impact among his teammates and in the community.
"We would like to thank Jacson for his contributions here and wish him the best of luck in his future hockey endeavours."
Hometown: White Rock, BC
DOB: January 24, 2000
Weight: 200 pounds
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 20, 2020
- Vancouver Giants Announce 2019-20 Award Winners - Vancouver Giants
- How We Were Built - 2018 Edition - Winnipeg Ice
- Dustin Wolf Named Back-To-Back WHL Western Conference Goaltender of the Year - Everett Silvertips
- Hitmen to Select 12th Overall in Wednesday's 2020 WHL Bantam Draft - Calgary Hitmen
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Preview - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rockets trade for David Kope - Kelowna Rockets
- Oil Kings Trade David Kope to Kelowna Rockets - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft on Wednesday, April 22 - Kamloops Blazers
- This Week in History, April 19-25, 2001 - Rebels Memorial Cup Run - Red Deer Rebels
- Giants Acquire 2001-Born Forward Adam Hall from Lethbridge - Vancouver Giants
- Hurricanes Trade Adam Hall to Vancouver - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Oil Kings' Guenther Named WHL Eastern Conference Rookie of the Year - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Broncos Sign Owen Pickering to Standard Player Agreement - Swift Current Broncos
- Oil Kings Acquire Kaid Oliver from Victoria Royals - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Royals Swing Deal for Local Defenceman - Victoria Royals
- Ty Smith Named WHL Western Conference Defenseman of the Year - Spokane Chiefs
- Western Hockey League Announces Defenceman of the Year Nominees for Bill Hunter Memorial Trophy Presented by RE/MAX of Western Canada - WHL
- A Night out in the Broncos Suite for Front-Line Health Care Workers - Jersey Auction - Swift Current Broncos
- 2019 Bantam Draft Review - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Announce Draft Selections for Wednesday's WHL Bantam Draft - Regina Pats
- Addison Named Eastern Conference Defenseman of the Year - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- ICE Launch More Than a Ticket Campaign in Support of Local COVID-19 Relief Efforts and Winnipeg Youth - Winnipeg Ice
- Ã¢ÂÂWe'Ve Done Our HomeworkÃ¢ÂÂ: Warriors Ready for Bantam Draft - Moose Jaw Warriors
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Wednesday - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edmonton Oil Kings Stories
- Oil Kings Video Coach Michael Chan Hired by Toronto Marlies
- Edmonton Oil Kings Sign Ethan Peters
- Canadian Hockey League Launches Memorial ECup Tournament
- Neighbours Drafted 26th Overall by St. Louis Blues
- St. Louis Blues Select Jake Neighbours 26th Overall in the 2020 NHL Draft