Royals Swing Deal for Local Defenceman
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Royals today announced that the club has acquired 2001-born defenceman and Victoria, BC product Jacson Alexander, along with a third and seventh round selection in this Wednesday's WHL Bantam Draft in a trade with the Edmonton Oil Kings. Headed to Edmonton is 2000-born centre Kaid Oliver, a fourth round pick in this year's draft and a conditional fourth round pick in 2023.
The product of the Victoria Racquet Club Minor Hockey Association was limited to 13 games with Edmonton this past season due injury and recorded six points (1g-5a) and two penalty minutes.
The 5-10, 182 lb blueliner has skated in 60 career WHL games split between the Oil Kings and Swift Current Broncos and has registered five goals and 11 assists, to go along with 14 minutes in penalties.
During the 2018 WHL Playoffs, Alexander collected an assist in 26 games for the Broncos as they captured the Ed Chynoweth Cup as league champions.
Alexander was originally selected by Swift Current in the first round, 17th overall, in the 2016 WHL Bantam Draft.
Oliver departs Victoria after having played in 234 career regular season games over four seasons with the club. This past season, Oliver collected 22 goals and 25 assists in 51 games and for his career has amassed 128 points (57g-71a). In the post-season, Oliver has played in 15 career contests and has tallied two points (1g-1a).
"We thank Kaid for having been such an important part of the Royals family over these past four years," President and General Manager Cameron Hope said. "His energy and dedication to our organization, and to our community, will certainly be missed. We wish him every success."
The White Rock, BC product was originally drafted by Victoria in the third round, 57th overall, in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft.
The Royals would like to thank all of their supporters for a fantastic 2019-20 hockey season. Fans who still hold unused vouchers, or had purchased tickets, for any of the team's three cancelled regular season home games in March are encouraged to keep them for use during the upcoming 2020-21 season. Royals Ticket Pack Members should also keep an eye on their mailbox over the next few weeks for full renewal details, including missed game credits.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 20, 2020
- Vancouver Giants Announce 2019-20 Award Winners - Vancouver Giants
- How We Were Built - 2018 Edition - Winnipeg Ice
- Dustin Wolf Named Back-To-Back WHL Western Conference Goaltender of the Year - Everett Silvertips
- Hitmen to Select 12th Overall in Wednesday's 2020 WHL Bantam Draft - Calgary Hitmen
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Preview - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rockets trade for David Kope - Kelowna Rockets
- Oil Kings Trade David Kope to Kelowna Rockets - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft on Wednesday, April 22 - Kamloops Blazers
- This Week in History, April 19-25, 2001 - Rebels Memorial Cup Run - Red Deer Rebels
- Giants Acquire 2001-Born Forward Adam Hall from Lethbridge - Vancouver Giants
- Hurricanes Trade Adam Hall to Vancouver - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Oil Kings' Guenther Named WHL Eastern Conference Rookie of the Year - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Broncos Sign Owen Pickering to Standard Player Agreement - Swift Current Broncos
- Oil Kings Acquire Kaid Oliver from Victoria Royals - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Royals Swing Deal for Local Defenceman - Victoria Royals
- Ty Smith Named WHL Western Conference Defenseman of the Year - Spokane Chiefs
- Western Hockey League Announces Defenceman of the Year Nominees for Bill Hunter Memorial Trophy Presented by RE/MAX of Western Canada - WHL
- A Night out in the Broncos Suite for Front-Line Health Care Workers - Jersey Auction - Swift Current Broncos
- 2019 Bantam Draft Review - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Announce Draft Selections for Wednesday's WHL Bantam Draft - Regina Pats
- Addison Named Eastern Conference Defenseman of the Year - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- ICE Launch More Than a Ticket Campaign in Support of Local COVID-19 Relief Efforts and Winnipeg Youth - Winnipeg Ice
- Ã¢ÂÂWe'Ve Done Our HomeworkÃ¢ÂÂ: Warriors Ready for Bantam Draft - Moose Jaw Warriors
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Wednesday - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Victoria Royals Stories
- Royals' Keanu Derungs to Compete in 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship
- Royals Sign Trio of Players
- Royals Select Marcus Almquist in CHL Import Draft
- Royals Make Trade with Broncos
- Royals' Jason Spizawka & Kalem Parker Named to Hockey Canada's Under-17 Development Camp