Oil Kings Trade David Kope to Kelowna Rockets
(EDMONTON, AB) - The Edmonton Oil Kings have traded forward David Kope to the Kelowna Rockets, the Club announced on Monday.
In exchange, the Oil Kings will receive a 4th round pick (KEL) in the 2023 WHL Bantam Draft.
Kope, 19, from Edmonton, AB spent all three of his WHL seasons as a member of the Oil Kings after being drafted in the 8th round, 164th overall in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft. The 6-foot-4, 173-pound right winger dressed in a total of 199 regular season and playoff games with the team from 2017-20, collecting 42 goals and 53 assists for 95 points.
As a rookie, he was named the recipient of the Oil Kings Most Improved Player Award following the 2017-18 season.
"Following our acquisition of another 20-year-old earlier today, this move allows David to have a great opportunity to play out his final WHL season with the Kelowna Rockets," said Edmonton Oil Kings President of Hockey Operations and General Manager, Kirt Hill.
"David is a determined young man with relentless work ethic, proven by the fact he earned a regular spot in a WHL lineup despite being a late round pick in his Draft year.
"We are extremely thankful to David for all his hard work as a member of the Oil Kings, and wish him the best in his future hockey endeavours."
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 20, 2020
- Vancouver Giants Announce 2019-20 Award Winners - Vancouver Giants
- How We Were Built - 2018 Edition - Winnipeg Ice
- Dustin Wolf Named Back-To-Back WHL Western Conference Goaltender of the Year - Everett Silvertips
- Hitmen to Select 12th Overall in Wednesday's 2020 WHL Bantam Draft - Calgary Hitmen
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Preview - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rockets trade for David Kope - Kelowna Rockets
- Oil Kings Trade David Kope to Kelowna Rockets - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft on Wednesday, April 22 - Kamloops Blazers
- This Week in History, April 19-25, 2001 - Rebels Memorial Cup Run - Red Deer Rebels
- Giants Acquire 2001-Born Forward Adam Hall from Lethbridge - Vancouver Giants
- Hurricanes Trade Adam Hall to Vancouver - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Oil Kings' Guenther Named WHL Eastern Conference Rookie of the Year - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Broncos Sign Owen Pickering to Standard Player Agreement - Swift Current Broncos
- Oil Kings Acquire Kaid Oliver from Victoria Royals - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Royals Swing Deal for Local Defenceman - Victoria Royals
- Ty Smith Named WHL Western Conference Defenseman of the Year - Spokane Chiefs
- Western Hockey League Announces Defenceman of the Year Nominees for Bill Hunter Memorial Trophy Presented by RE/MAX of Western Canada - WHL
- A Night out in the Broncos Suite for Front-Line Health Care Workers - Jersey Auction - Swift Current Broncos
- 2019 Bantam Draft Review - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Announce Draft Selections for Wednesday's WHL Bantam Draft - Regina Pats
- Addison Named Eastern Conference Defenseman of the Year - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- ICE Launch More Than a Ticket Campaign in Support of Local COVID-19 Relief Efforts and Winnipeg Youth - Winnipeg Ice
- Ã¢ÂÂWe'Ve Done Our HomeworkÃ¢ÂÂ: Warriors Ready for Bantam Draft - Moose Jaw Warriors
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Wednesday - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edmonton Oil Kings Stories
- Oil Kings Video Coach Michael Chan Hired by Toronto Marlies
- Edmonton Oil Kings Sign Ethan Peters
- Canadian Hockey League Launches Memorial ECup Tournament
- Neighbours Drafted 26th Overall by St. Louis Blues
- St. Louis Blues Select Jake Neighbours 26th Overall in the 2020 NHL Draft