OF Chandler Taylor transferred to Quad Cities
The Quad Cities River Bandits, in conjunction with the Houston Astros, have announced the following changes to their roster on Thursday. Outfielder Chandler Taylor has been transferred to Quad Cities from the Gulf Coast League Astros. Outfielder Jake Meyers has been transferred from Quad Cities to Buies Creek (Advanced-A).
OF Chandler Taylor has been transferred to Quad Cities from the Gulf Coast League Astros
OF Jake Meyers has been transferred from Quad Cities to Buies Creek (Advanced-A)
Taylor was the Astros 10th round pick in this year's draft out of the University of Alabama. During his recently completed junior season in Tuscaloosa, Taylor batted .223 with a team-leading 13 home runs and 35 runs batted in. Taylor reached base at a .373 clip thanks to drawing a team-best 38 walks.
Meyers hit .302 with the River Bandits in 61 games. He collected 18 doubles, three triples, five home runs and drove in 22. The outfielder was in the top five among Midwest League hitters in doubles, extra-base hits, and total bases.
Taylor will wear #45 and is available for tonight's game against Clinton. The active roster remains at 25 players.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Captains' Eighth Walk-Off Clinches Sweep - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Fall in 3-2 Heartbreaker - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Walk off Beloit 3-2 in 11 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Kirilloff Hits 12th, 13th Home Runs in 10-3 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rally 'Caps Shock Loons for 9-6 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Road-Weary Lugs Finish with Walkoff Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Set Attendance Record, Fall to Whitecaps - Great Lakes Loons
- River Bandits Sweep LumberKings with 5-2 Victory, Move into First Place Tie - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Clinton swept, drops into first place tie - Clinton LumberKings
- Merry Clinchmas: Hot Rods Claim Eastern Division with 7-2 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Eliminated in First Half - Kane County Cougars
- Feight Homers, But TinCaps Drop Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cubs Take Series Finale against Dayton 2-0 - South Bend Cubs
- Dragons Fall at South Bend 2-0, Miss Chance for Sweep - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 14 at Bowling Green (Game 66) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Wrap up 13-Game, 14-Day Road Trip Tonight - Lansing Lugnuts
- Series Finale at Burlington Rained Out - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 15-17 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Offensive Struggles by Wisconsin Leads to Bees Victory - Burlington Bees
- OF Chandler Taylor transferred to Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Partner with the Winery at Versailles for Annual Yoga in the Outfield Event - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Split Doubleheader in Bowling Green (June 13) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad Cities River Bandits Stories
- Donato Named Midwest League Pitcher of the Week
- Donato Dominant Again as Bandits Blank Chiefs
- Fateful Fourth Inning Costs Bandits in Series-Opener
- Bandits Break Strikeout Record, Drop Series Finale 8-3
- Hensley Hammers Late Home Run as Bandits Beat Cougars