Lugnuts Wrap up 13-Game, 14-Day Road Trip Tonight
The playoff bound Lansing Lugnuts (40-26) bring their longest road trip of the season to an end tonight with a 7:00 p.m. contest at the Lake County Captains (28-38) in Eastlake, Ohio.
- Lugnuts All-Star right-hander Maverik Buffo (7-2, 4.95) goes to the mound looking to become the first Midwest League pitcher to eight wins this season.
- The last Lugnuts home game was on May 31st. Interestingly, the next Lugnuts road game is now 14 days away, on June 28th.
The Lugnuts return home tomorrow to wrap up the first half with a three-game series against the South Bend Cubs.
- Friday night is Family Faith Night with postgame LAFCU Fireworks! Gates: 6 p.m., 1st pitch: 7:05 p.m.
- Saturday night is Star Wars Night with postgame LAFCU Fireworks! Gates: 6 p.m., 1st pitch: 7:05 p.m.
- Sunday is a Delta Dental Kids Day on Father's Day with a special Blue Jay-themed "Guerrero" Lugnuts jersey giveaway to the first 1,000 fans. Gates: Noon, 1st pitch: 1:05 p.m.
We're five days away from the 54th Annual Midwest League All-Star Game presented by LAFCU, coming to Cooley Law School Stadium on Tuesday, June 19th. Gates open at 3:00 p.m., with a Block Party, Home Run Derby, Commemorative Batting Helmet Giveaway, Team Autographs and LAFCU Fireworks!
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Captains' Eighth Walk-Off Clinches Sweep - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Fall in 3-2 Heartbreaker - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Walk off Beloit 3-2 in 11 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Kirilloff Hits 12th, 13th Home Runs in 10-3 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Rally 'Caps Shock Loons for 9-6 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Road-Weary Lugs Finish with Walkoff Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Set Attendance Record, Fall to Whitecaps - Great Lakes Loons
- River Bandits Sweep LumberKings with 5-2 Victory, Move into First Place Tie - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Clinton swept, drops into first place tie - Clinton LumberKings
- Merry Clinchmas: Hot Rods Claim Eastern Division with 7-2 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Eliminated in First Half - Kane County Cougars
- Feight Homers, But TinCaps Drop Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cubs Take Series Finale against Dayton 2-0 - South Bend Cubs
- Dragons Fall at South Bend 2-0, Miss Chance for Sweep - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 14 at Bowling Green (Game 66) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Wrap up 13-Game, 14-Day Road Trip Tonight - Lansing Lugnuts
- Series Finale at Burlington Rained Out - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 15-17 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Offensive Struggles by Wisconsin Leads to Bees Victory - Burlington Bees
- OF Chandler Taylor transferred to Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Partner with the Winery at Versailles for Annual Yoga in the Outfield Event - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Split Doubleheader in Bowling Green (June 13) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lansing Lugnuts Stories
- Hot Rods Take Game 2, 4-3, Ending Lugnuts' Season
- Lugnuts' Severns named MWL Sports Turf Manager of the Year
- Nuts Drop Game 1 in 10 Innings, 4-3
- Pearson Impresses in Return, Lugnuts Win 7th Straight Showdown
- Regular Season Ends with 3-2 Loss, Postseason up Next for Nuts