Nunez with a Career-High 4 RBI in a 9-6 Loss at Harrisburg
Harrisburg, PA - CF Michael A. Taylor hit two homers and drove in five runs, lifting the Harrisburg Senators (11-18, 53-46) to a 9-6 win over the Portland Sea Dogs (14-17, 41-57) on Sunday afternoon at FNB Field. Portland finished the trip 4-3 and split the four-game set with the Senators.
Steven Fuentes (4-4) worked five innings on three hits and two runs to earn the win for Harrisburg. Matthew Kent (4-3) suffered the loss for Portland, giving up six runs (four earned) over five innings. Aaron Barrett pitched a scoreless ninth for his 20th save of the season.
Harrisburg built their four-run lead early in the game against Kent. Taylor doubled and scored in the first. In the second, Nick Banks nailed a run-scoring double, and Taylor hit a two-run homer in the third.
Portland cut the deficit in the fourth inning against Fuentes. Marcus Wilson led off with a walk and scored on the double from Tate Matheny. Jhon Nunez knocked in the second run with a ground out.
The Senators scored twice in the fifth inning. Drew Ward lined an RBI single, and Ian Sagdal scored on a passed ball. Portland responded with a two-spot against reliever Aaron Fletcher. Nunez knocked in his second run with a fielder's choice, and Jarren Duran lined an RBI single.
Taylor did it again in the sixth inning, launching a three-run homer against Dedgar Jimenez to give Harrisburg a 9-4 advantage.
Nunez cracked a two-run homer with two outs in the eighth inning off Jacob Condra-Bogan. The 4 RBI performance was a career-high for Nunez.
The Sea Dogs open up a seven-game homestand on Monday night against the Hartford Yard Goats (Rockies affiliate) at Hadlock Field. RHP Konner Wade (2-3, 3.13) makes his sixth start of the season against Hartford's LHP Matt Whitehouse (1-1, 8.35). First pitch on Monday is 7:00 PM.
Radio coverage on the WPEI U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network begins at 6:45 PM with the Ravin Family Dental Pre-Game Show. The game is available on the tune-in app and MiLB.TV.
Tickets are available at 207-879-9500 or seadogs.com. Book your nine-inning vacation today!
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 21, 2019
- 'Cats Claw Their Way to Split - Reading Fightin Phils
- Thunder Take Down Yard Goats with Two Big Innings - Hartford Yard Goats
- Thunder Cruise to 7-2 Win over Hartford - Trenton Thunder
- Gimenez, Cecchini, and Defense Lead Ponies over Ducks - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Tully's Strong Effort Falls Short for RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Altoona Completes 8-6 Comeback Win - Bowie Baysox
- Late Homers by Madris, Sharpe Help Curve Stun Baysox on Sunday - Altoona Curve
- Nunez with a Career-High 4 RBI in a 9-6 Loss at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Big SeaWolves Rally Leads to 14-7 Victory on Sunday - Erie SeaWolves
- Erie SeaWolves at Richmond Flying Squirrles - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #96 Rumble Ponies (14-17) at Akron RubberDucks (9-21) - 2:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 21st at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
Other Recent Portland Sea Dogs Stories
- Sea Dogs Rank in Top 25 MiLB Merchandise Sales
- Sea Dogs Add a Third Weekend for Dining on the Diamond
- Sea Dogs Add Dates for Dining on the Diamond at Hadlock Field
- Sea Dogs Set to Host Dining on the Diamond
- Sea Dogs to Open Hadlinks Golf Club for Additional Dates