Nunez with a Career-High 4 RBI in a 9-6 Loss at Harrisburg
Harrisburg, PA - CF Michael A. Taylor hit two homers and drove in five runs, lifting the Harrisburg Senators (11-18, 53-46) to a 9-6 win over the Portland Sea Dogs (14-17, 41-57) on Sunday afternoon at FNB Field. Portland finished the trip 4-3 and split the four-game set with the Senators.
Steven Fuentes (4-4) worked five innings on three hits and two runs to earn the win for Harrisburg. Matthew Kent (4-3) suffered the loss for Portland, giving up six runs (four earned) over five innings. Aaron Barrett pitched a scoreless ninth for his 20th save of the season.
Harrisburg built their four-run lead early in the game against Kent. Taylor doubled and scored in the first. In the second, Nick Banks nailed a run-scoring double, and Taylor hit a two-run homer in the third.
Portland cut the deficit in the fourth inning against Fuentes. Marcus Wilson led off with a walk and scored on the double from Tate Matheny. Jhon Nunez knocked in the second run with a ground out.
The Senators scored twice in the fifth inning. Drew Ward lined an RBI single, and Ian Sagdal scored on a passed ball. Portland responded with a two-spot against reliever Aaron Fletcher. Nunez knocked in his second run with a fielder's choice, and Jarren Duran lined an RBI single.
Taylor did it again in the sixth inning, launching a three-run homer against Dedgar Jimenez to give Harrisburg a 9-4 advantage.
Nunez cracked a two-run homer with two outs in the eighth inning off Jacob Condra-Bogan. The 4 RBI performance was a career-high for Nunez.
The Sea Dogs open up a seven-game homestand on Monday night against the Hartford Yard Goats (Rockies affiliate) at Hadlock Field. RHP Konner Wade (2-3, 3.13) makes his sixth start of the season against Hartford's LHP Matt Whitehouse (1-1, 8.35). First pitch on Monday is 7:00 PM.
Radio coverage on the WPEI U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network begins at 6:45 PM with the Ravin Family Dental Pre-Game Show. The game is available on the tune-in app and MiLB.TV.
Tickets are available at 207-879-9500 or seadogs.com. Book your nine-inning vacation today!
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 21, 2019
- 'Cats Claw Their Way to Split - Reading Fightin Phils
- Thunder Take Down Yard Goats with Two Big Innings - Hartford Yard Goats
- Thunder Cruise to 7-2 Win over Hartford - Trenton Thunder
- Gimenez, Cecchini, and Defense Lead Ponies over Ducks - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Tully's Strong Effort Falls Short for RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Altoona Completes 8-6 Comeback Win - Bowie Baysox
- Late Homers by Madris, Sharpe Help Curve Stun Baysox on Sunday - Altoona Curve
- Nunez with a Career-High 4 RBI in a 9-6 Loss at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Big SeaWolves Rally Leads to 14-7 Victory on Sunday - Erie SeaWolves
- Erie SeaWolves at Richmond Flying Squirrles - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #96 Rumble Ponies (14-17) at Akron RubberDucks (9-21) - 2:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 21st at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.