New York Red Bulls General Counsel Kari Cohen Named to the Sports Business Journal 2020 "Game Changer" List Recognizing Top Women in Sports Industry
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls announced today that the club's General Counsel Kari Cohen has been named to the Sports Business Journal 2020 "Game Changer" list recognizing top women in the sports business across sectors including teams, leagues, sponsors, tech, media and more.
"We are extremely proud of Kari for receiving this prestigious industry honor," said Marc de Grandpre, General Manager, New York Red Bulls. "In only her first year with the club, she has already displayed extraordinary leadership and professionalism that has positively impacted our entire staff and organization. Kari's steady hand and willingness to quickly adapt during this pandemic has been an immeasurable asset for us in navigating through these unprecedented times. We look forward to watching Kari continue to put her stamp on the sports industry for many years to come."
Cohen was one of 50 women in roles across the sports industry selected for recognition as part of Sports Business Journal's 10th annual class of Game Changers. The honorees will be recognized on October 27 during a virtual Sports Business conference.
Since joining the club in January, Cohen has overseen all legal matters pertaining to Red Bull New York, Red Bull Arena and RBNY Academy. This involves identifying and leading legal matters in all departments across the company as well as regulatory, compliance and real estate matters and governmental affairs.
Cohen was hired by BSE Global in June 2011 as Associate Counsel, was promoted to Counsel for Legal & Business Affairs, and then promoted to Vice President and Assistant General Counsel before becoming Deputy General Counsel.
As part of her duties, Cohen handled the negotiation and drafting of agreements with respect to suite licenses, ticketing, vendors, and naming rights/sponsorships for the Brooklyn Nets, New York Islanders, Barclays Center, NYCB Live Home of Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and Webster Hall.
Cohen, husband Ben and two sons reside on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 10, 2020
- Carson Montanez to Serve as Captain for Saturday's Match - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Celebrate Kick Childhood Cancer All Month Long - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Loans JJ Williams to Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls General Counsel Kari Cohen Named to the Sports Business Journal 2020 "Game Changer" List Recognizing Top Women in Sports Industry - New York Red Bulls
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Travel to D.C. for Atlantic Cup Round Two - New York Red Bulls
- Loudoun United FC Reschedule Saturday's Kickoff to 7 p.m. ET - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Announce New Organizational Alignment Including a New Senior Leadership Group - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes Face Seattle Sounders FC Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Launches Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC Names Kelvin Jones as Crew SC Academy Director - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra to Perform at Exploria Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Powerful Foods Closes First Pro Sports Team Deal with Inter Miami CF in MLS - Inter Miami CF
- NYCFC Announces Latest Support for South Bronx During COVID-19 - New York City FC
- Real Salt Lake Smashes LAFC 3-0 - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Falls 3-0 to Real Salt Lake Wednesday Night at Rio Tinto Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Dynamo Play to 1-1 Draw with Rapids in Colorado - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer
- New York Red Bulls to Face Columbus Crew SC in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Red Bulls Defeat Toronto, 2-1; Clinch 6th Seed in East