Match Preview: Red Bulls Travel to D.C. for Atlantic Cup Round Two
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls (3-5-2, 11 pts) aim to snap their two-match losing streak on Saturday when they travel to face D.C. United (2-4-4, 10 pts). Kickoff at Audi Field is set for 7 p.m. with coverage on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
Coverage on MSG begins at 6:30 p.m. ET with the Red Bulls Pregame show. Steve Cangialosi will have the primary play-by-play responsibilities and will be alongside Shep Messing and Michelle Gingras.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6 p.m. EST with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play responsibilities, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Ten days prior, D.C. United stole three points at Red Bull Arena as Erik Sorga tallied the game's lone goal in the waning moments of the match. New York travels down to Audi Field for a Saturday match to bounce back from their two-match losing streak and their loss to D.C. just 10 days ago. The Red Bulls, who weren't as successful at RFK Stadium at 11-21-6, are undefeated at Audi Field with a 2-0-1 mark and have outscored its opponent, 6-4.
New York aims to get back into the win column following their 3-0 loss to Philadelphia on Sunday. The Red Bulls are 7-5-4 in MLS regular-season play following a loss with a plus-five goal differential (23 GF, 18 GA) since the beginning of 2019.
Designated Player Kaku and Austrian winger Danny Royer look to pick up the offensive slack from Bradley Wright-Phillips, who tallied a team-best 10 goals against D.C. United during his time in New York. Kaku and Royer combined for two goals in the Red Bulls' 2-1 win over D.C in their last match at Audi Field and Kaku recorded the game-winning assist in New York's first match at Audi Field.
New York Red Bulls vs. D.C. United
2020 MLS Regular Season Match 11
Audi Field - Washington, D.C.
Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7 p.m. ET
MSG, MSG Go, New York Red Bulls Radio
All-Time Series: D.C. leads, 42-34-17
At D.C.: D.C. United leads, 21-13-7
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 10, 2020
- Carson Montanez to Serve as Captain for Saturday's Match - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Celebrate Kick Childhood Cancer All Month Long - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Loans JJ Williams to Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls General Counsel Kari Cohen Named to the Sports Business Journal 2020 "Game Changer" List Recognizing Top Women in Sports Industry - New York Red Bulls
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Travel to D.C. for Atlantic Cup Round Two - New York Red Bulls
- Loudoun United FC Reschedule Saturday's Kickoff to 7 p.m. ET - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Announce New Organizational Alignment Including a New Senior Leadership Group - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes Face Seattle Sounders FC Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Launches Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC Names Kelvin Jones as Crew SC Academy Director - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra to Perform at Exploria Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Powerful Foods Closes First Pro Sports Team Deal with Inter Miami CF in MLS - Inter Miami CF
- NYCFC Announces Latest Support for South Bronx During COVID-19 - New York City FC
- Real Salt Lake Smashes LAFC 3-0 - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Falls 3-0 to Real Salt Lake Wednesday Night at Rio Tinto Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Dynamo Play to 1-1 Draw with Rapids in Colorado - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer
- New York Red Bulls to Face Columbus Crew SC in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Red Bulls Defeat Toronto, 2-1; Clinch 6th Seed in East