Nashville SC to Host Atlanta United in Major League Soccer Debut on February 29
NASHVILLE - Nashville Soccer Club will open its inaugural Major League Soccer season with a can't-miss Southern clash.
The club announced on Monday that Nashville SC will face Atlanta United at Nissan Stadium on Saturday, February 29 at 7 p.m. CT in the club's inaugural MLS match, presented by Renasant Bank.
Fans can secure their seat for history by becoming a Season Ticket Member for Nashville SC's inaugural MLS season. Season Ticket Memberships start at just $25 per match. Secure your ticket package today by visiting the brand-new NashvilleSC.com or by calling 615-750-8800.
"We are thrilled to announce that Nashville SC's inaugural match will be played right here in Nashville in front of our hometown fans," said Nashville SC CEO Ian Ayre. "February 29th will be a historic date for our club and we look forward to showcasing the city and our supporters to the entire league during the opening weekend of Major League Soccer's 25th season."
Nashville SC will enter MLS as the league's 24th team in 2020, having earned an expansion bid to MLS on December 20, 2017. During the 2020 MLS regular season, each club will play 34 games, including 17 home and 17 away matches. The complete MLS regular season schedule for 2020, along with the national television details for the U.S. and Canada, will be announced at a later date.
The marquee Southern Saturday night showdown will feature exciting debuts, highlighted by Nashville SC's first Designated Player Hany Mukhtar. Nashville SC will face stiff competition from the 2018 MLS Cup champions, as Atlanta United's roster is expected to include a number of dynamic stars, including 2018 Landon Donovan MLS MVP Josef Martinez.
In addition to tickets, Nashville SC Season Ticket Members receive special benefits such as VIP access to exclusive year-round events and many more perks that offer a direct connection to the club. Join Nashville SC in its inaugural season in MLS, become a Season Ticket Member here or by calling a club representative at 615-750-8800, and get additional information on single match tickets to Nashville SC's home opener, presented by Renasant Bank.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2019
- Know Before You Go: MLS Expansion Draft at Ole Red Nashville - Nashville SC
- Washington Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Celebrating Sounders FC's 2019 MLS Cup Victory - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Unveil 2020 Heritage Link Kit on December 3 - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Adds Defender Dave Romney - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Announces Inaugural Major League Soccer Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC to Host Atlanta United in Major League Soccer Debut on February 29 - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2020 MLS Season at Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands Tour Presented by Events DC Summary - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Signs Forward Jerome Kiesewetter from El Paso Locomotive FC - Inter Miami CF
- Portland to Host eMLS League Series Two in February - Portland Timbers
- SXSW to Host 2020 eMLS Cup Presented by PlayStation - MLS
- New York Red Bulls and Sky Blue FC Announce New Partnership - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Introduces Official Team Mascot, Tempo the Coyote
- Nashville SC Extends Contract of General Manager Mike Jacobs
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty
- Nashville SC Trades International Spot to FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC's Alistair Johnston Receives First Call from Canada Men's National Team