SXSW to Host 2020 eMLS Cup Presented by PlayStation
November 18, 2019 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - eMLS announced today its competitive schedule for 2020, which will be headlined by eMLS Cup presented by PlayStation® during the second weekend of SXSW® in Austin, Texas. This announcement comes on the heels of the highly anticipated global release of EA SPORTS FIFA 20.
The 2020 eMLS season will feature 25 eMLS players, each representing different MLS Clubs, in a quest to be crowned the best EA SPORTS FIFA 20 player in North America. Three Clubs are new to eMLS this season - LAFC, Austin FC, and Nashville SC.
The season will begin in January 2020 with eMLS League Series presented by PlayStation®, two majors in the lead up to eMLS Cup. Each League Series tournament will be live-streamed with their own trophy lift and prizing opportunities. During these tournaments, eMLS Players will also accumulate points to determine seeding for eMLS Cup. League Series One will be held in Philadelphia in conjunction with the Philadelphia Union. League Series Two will be held in Portland in conjunction with the Portland Timbers. The eMLS season will conclude in March in Austin, Texas when SXSW hosts eMLS Cup presented by PlayStation® alongside its premier gaming portion of the conference. More tournament details will be announced in the coming weeks.
eMLS is an Official League Partner of the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series. The winner of eMLS Cup will receive 850 Global Series points, supporting their qualification for the Global Series Playoffs and ultimately the FIFA eWorld Cup. The top 32 competitors in the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series will advance to the FIFA eWorld Cup, where the winner will be crowned the undisputed FIFA 20 World Champion.
2020 eMLS Season Schedule:
Jan. 10 - League Series One (Philadelphia, PA)
Feb. 15 - League Series Two (Portland, OR)
March 21 - eMLS Cup (Austin, TX)
EA SPORTS, Cheez-It®, Pringles®, PlayStation® and Scuf Gaming are all official partners of the 2020 eMLS season. New this season, Scuf Gaming will be the Official Controller and Controller Accessory Partner of eMLS. eMLS competitions will feature Scuf Gaming controllers. Specializing in high-performance customized gaming controllers and accessories, SCUF controllers enable gamers to improve their gameplay by completely redefining control. Cheez-It® & Pringles® are returning as the Official Snack Partner of eMLS and will be the presenting partner of eMLS Player Lounges and eMLS Player Profiles, a digital series highlighting the player's personal stories. PlayStation® has extended its partnership as the Official Console Partner and will be the presenting partner of eMLS League Series and eMLS Cup.
eMLS had a record-breaking year in 2019, growing the livestream audience with each event. Average concurrent viewership and peak concurrent viewership of eMLS Cup 2019 on Twitch doubled from eMLS Cup 2018.
For more information on eMLS Cup, including participating clubs and player signings, visit www.MLSsoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2019
- Know Before You Go: MLS Expansion Draft at Ole Red Nashville - Nashville SC
- Washington Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Celebrating Sounders FC's 2019 MLS Cup Victory - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Unveil 2020 Heritage Link Kit on December 3 - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Adds Defender Dave Romney - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Announces Inaugural Major League Soccer Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC to Host Atlanta United in Major League Soccer Debut on February 29 - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2020 MLS Season at Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands Tour Presented by Events DC Summary - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Signs Forward Jerome Kiesewetter from El Paso Locomotive FC - Inter Miami CF
- Portland to Host eMLS League Series Two in February - Portland Timbers
- SXSW to Host 2020 eMLS Cup Presented by PlayStation - MLS
- New York Red Bulls and Sky Blue FC Announce New Partnership - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.