Inter Miami CF Signs Forward Jerome Kiesewetter from El Paso Locomotive FC
Inter Miami CF announced today it has signedâ¯forward Jerome Kiesewetter.
The 26-year-old German American dual national joins after playing one season with USL Championship side El Paso Locomotive FC.
"Jerome brings speed, athleticism and experience to our roster," said Inter Miami CF Sporting Director Paul McDonough. "We are pleased to bring him to Inter Miami and begin working with him in preseason."
Kiesewetter has been an active member of the U.S. Men's National Team since 2011. He made two senior team appearances in 2016 at 22, coming on as a substitute in friendlies against Iceland and Canada. He made over 30 appearances for the U.S. MNT's U-18, U-20, U-23 and senior squad, with eight goals across his national career.
The forward joined El Paso Locomotive FC in April 2019, where he scored 12 goals in 28 appearances for the club this season.
Prior to El Paso, the six-foot forward played for multiple teams in the Bundesliga, the highest division of German soccer.
Kiesewetter played for Fortuna Düsseldorf in Germany from 2016 to 2018, where he made 23 appearances for the senior team, tallying two goals and one assist that helped the team win the 2. Bundesliga Championship and achieve promotion to the Bundesliga. He also made 11 appearances for Fortuna Düsseldorf II.
Kiesewetter played for VfB Stuttgart in Germany before joining Düsseldorf in 2015. He made two senior team appearances for the club as well as 55 appearances for VfB Stuttgart II, totaling five goals and 13 assists.
He began his professional career in the Hertha BSC system, where he spent years in the development academy and Hertha BSC II from 2007 to 2014.
Kiesewetter becomes the ninth signed player on Inter Miami's inaugural roster. In addition to owning Homegrown Player Rights for Drake Callender, who is currently playing with the University of California, Berkley, the Club also controls five picks in the 2019 Expansion Draft, including the No. 1 overall pick, and its first and fourth round picks in the SuperDraft.
Inter Miami, formally known as el Club Internacional de FÃºtbol Miami, will play its first-ever home match on Saturday, March 14, at 2:30 p.m. ET, against five-time MLS Cup Champions LA Galaxy. Fans can register today for pre-sale access to Inter Miami's first match in Club history at intermiamicf.com/tickets/home-debut.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2019
- Know Before You Go: MLS Expansion Draft at Ole Red Nashville - Nashville SC
- Washington Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Celebrating Sounders FC's 2019 MLS Cup Victory - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Unveil 2020 Heritage Link Kit on December 3 - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Adds Defender Dave Romney - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Announces Inaugural Major League Soccer Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC to Host Atlanta United in Major League Soccer Debut on February 29 - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2020 MLS Season at Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands Tour Presented by Events DC Summary - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Signs Forward Jerome Kiesewetter from El Paso Locomotive FC - Inter Miami CF
- Portland to Host eMLS League Series Two in February - Portland Timbers
- SXSW to Host 2020 eMLS Cup Presented by PlayStation - MLS
- New York Red Bulls and Sky Blue FC Announce New Partnership - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Inter Miami CF Will Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on Saturday
- Inter Miami CF Falls to Montreal Impact on the Road
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Montreal Impact on Saturday
- International Duty: Pizarro Starts Twice for Mexico
- Inter Miami CF Draws Atlanta United FC 1-1