Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019
Various San Jose Earthquakes players are with their respective national teams for international duty.
Midfielder Jackson Yueill and Homegrown defender Nick Lima were called to represent the U.S. Men's National Team in Concacaf Nations League matches versus Canada and Cuba. Yueill started and played all 90 minutes in Friday's 4-1 victory over Canada; Lima did not feature. The USMNT will close out group play when they face Cuba tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov. 19) at 4:30 p.m. PT. Tuesday's match will be broadcast live on FS1, UniMas and TUDN.
Homegrown goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski kept a shutout for the U.S. U-23s in Sunday's 4-0 win over United Gran Canaria.
Homegrown midfielder Gilbert Fuentes and Homegrown defender Casey Walls are representing the U.S. U-17s and U.S. U-16s, respectively, in a four-team tournament also involving Turkey and the Netherlands.
Defender Guram Kashia and midfielder Vako both started and played all 90 minutes in Georgia's UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifying match against Switzerland on Friday, recording their 78th and 46th international cap, respectively. The Georgia National Team will be in Pula, Croatia tomorrow for a friendly match against Croatia, with kickoff set for 9 a.m. PT.
Defender Marcos Lopez was on the bench in Peru's 1-0 loss to Colombia on Nov. 15.
RENO 1868 FC UPDATE
Reno 1868 FC head coach Ian Russell was named a finalist for the USL Championship Coach of the Year award for the second time in his career. In Russell's third year at the helm for 1868 FC, Los Azules set club records in wins (18) and points (60), finished second in the USL Championship Western Conference in 2019, earning a third straight playoff berth.
Forward Corey Hertzog was named to the USL All-League Second Team, marking the fourth time he has earned the honor. Hertzog joined Reno ahead of the 2019 season and tallied 18 goals throughout the regular season, matching a club record set by Dane Kelly. Hertzog's playoff goal versus Sacramento Republic FC earned him the club record for most goals in a single season (19).
The San Jose Earthquakes Boys' Academy did not have any scheduled matches over the weekend. They resume regular season play when the U-15s, U-17s and U-19s host the Portland Timbers on Saturday, Nov. 23 at Evergreen Community College. The U-13s will face San Francisco Elite Academy at Crocker Amazon Fields. Details on the Boys' Academy full season schedule can be accessed here.
The Girls' Academy were in southern California for matchups against the San Diego Surf on Saturday and LA Galaxy San Diego on Sunday. The Girls ended the weekend on a 2-8-0 record.
On Saturday, the U-14s (6-1), U-15s (3-1), U-16s (3-1), U-17s (1-0) and U-19s (6-0) each fell in their respective San Diego Surf matchups.
The U-14s and U-15s recorded the Girls' Academy only wins over the weekend, defeating LA Galaxy San Diego 1-0 and 4-2, respectively. The U-16s lost 4-5, the U-17s fell 1-0, and the U-19s were defeated 2-3.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2019
- Know Before You Go: MLS Expansion Draft at Ole Red Nashville - Nashville SC
- Washington Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Celebrating Sounders FC's 2019 MLS Cup Victory - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Unveil 2020 Heritage Link Kit on December 3 - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Adds Defender Dave Romney - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Announces Inaugural Major League Soccer Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC to Host Atlanta United in Major League Soccer Debut on February 29 - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2020 MLS Season at Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands Tour Presented by Events DC Summary - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Signs Forward Jerome Kiesewetter from El Paso Locomotive FC - Inter Miami CF
- Portland to Host eMLS League Series Two in February - Portland Timbers
- SXSW to Host 2020 eMLS Cup Presented by PlayStation - MLS
- New York Red Bulls and Sky Blue FC Announce New Partnership - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes, Hunger at Home Partner to Distribute Meals
- Earthquakes Issue Statement on Reduced-Capacity Attendance
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 19, 2020
- Quakes hold Western Conference leaders to scoreless draw
- Earthquakes Take on Seattle Sounders FC Tonight