Nashville SC Adds Defender Dave Romney
NASHVILLE - Nashville Soccer Club announced today it has signed defender Dave Romney from the LA Galaxy in exchange for $225,000 in General Allocation Money. The Galaxy will receive an additional $50,000 in General Allocation Money if Romney meets certain performance-based metrics. The 26-year-old versatile defender is the second player to join Nashville SC during the MLS two-day trade window after the club announced the signing of veteran midfielder Dax McCarty earlier today.
"Dave's combination of athleticism and decision-making on both sides of the ball, coupled with being naturally left-sided, made him someone that we appreciated very early on in this process," said Nashville SC GM Mike Jacobs. "We believe that he is someone that could really flourish in our system with both a consistent role and a regular run of games."
"I'm incredibly excited to be involved in Nashville SC's inaugural MLS season," said Romney. "It's such a unique experience. You are at the ground floor of shaping what the club's legacy will be for years to come. It's something I've always been intrigued about doing and I couldn't be happier that it's in an amazing city with such a passionate fanbase."
A local Angelino product from Irvine, Calif., Romney became the first LA Galaxy II player to sign a Major League Soccer contract with the first team on Aug. 5, 2015. He has since established himself as a mainstay on the Galaxy's backline with 132 appearances (111 as a starter) in all competitions over the course of his four-year MLS career. An athletic and technical left-footed defender, Romney's adaptability offers him the ability to succeed in multiple defensive positions. He is an active aerial player both defensively and in the attack and a threatening crosser when delivering balls into the box.
Romney made his international debut with the U.S. U23 Men's National Team on Nov. 15, 2015, taking the field in a friendly against Brazil.
Join Nashville SC in its inaugural season in MLS by becoming a Season Ticket Member here or by calling a club representative at 615-750-8800.
Transaction: Nashville SC signs David Romney from the LA Galaxy in exchange for $225,000 in General Allocation Money. The Galaxy will receive an additional $50,000 in General Allocation Money if Romney meets certain performance-based metrics.
Birthdate: Jun. 12, 1993
Hometown: Irvine, California
Nationality: United States of America
Last club: LA Galaxy
How Acquired: Signed by Nashville SC from LA Galaxy on Nov. 12, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2019
- Know Before You Go: MLS Expansion Draft at Ole Red Nashville - Nashville SC
- Washington Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Celebrating Sounders FC's 2019 MLS Cup Victory - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Unveil 2020 Heritage Link Kit on December 3 - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Adds Defender Dave Romney - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Announces Inaugural Major League Soccer Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC to Host Atlanta United in Major League Soccer Debut on February 29 - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2020 MLS Season at Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands Tour Presented by Events DC Summary - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Signs Forward Jerome Kiesewetter from El Paso Locomotive FC - Inter Miami CF
- Portland to Host eMLS League Series Two in February - Portland Timbers
- SXSW to Host 2020 eMLS Cup Presented by PlayStation - MLS
- New York Red Bulls and Sky Blue FC Announce New Partnership - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Acquires Homegrown Winger Handwalla Bwana from Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville SC Scores Three Goals, Beats FC Dallas at Nissan Stadium
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts FC Dallas in Nationally-Televised Battle
- Eight Minutes of Madness: Nashville SC's First-Half Scoring Burst Leads to Huge Win over Houston
- Doolsta's Back: Nashville SC's Pro FIFA Gamer to Return for Next Season